iOS 6

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloorMaven

Ok, downloaded this upgrade on my ipad and three things were immediately apparent: no google maps, no youtube and siri. Yes I have Siri. She understands me. Got me to pull the trigger on the new iPhone 5 today.

I don't think its so much that its missing but intentionally eliminated due to the ongoing battles between google and apple. Apple does have its own mapping service in iOS6. It incorporates Siri in turn by turn directions this for no additional cost above your data plan.

Not encountering any bugs, Roland. FYI.

"Everyone" has been moaning up a storm about the new maps app. I don't get it. It looks like a really nice maps app. The satellite view is crystal clear. Much clearer than Google maps was. I'm not having any problem with the maps, either. Your mileage may vary depending on where you live, but I even checked some international destinations that I'm familiar with, and the maps were great.

The problem I found with the maps app is that it's simply not smart enough yet. For instance I search for maplewood dr. In buckeye and it'll take me to maplewood dr. In Wisconsin. Google maps will take me to e. maplewood rd. in buckeye, Arizona which is where I want to go. It has incorporated my location and data from other searches I've made to make a logical deduction of where I want to go even though I had the wrong street name. It'll take some time before apple maps gets there.

That's what I say...If its not broke why fix it.

My first Iphone should arrive tomorrow. I expect to put it to work for the next five years.

Latest posts

Back