Just wondering

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
I wouldn't buy any confuser that didn't have a Cd/dvd drive .

The I5 Processor is not bad , But the fastest one is the I7

I would stay away from Macintrash. They aren't nearly worth what you have to pay for them, and all the stupid voodoo about how they don't crash or get viruses is pure bunk. I just built a machine for my youngest son for 150 bucks. AMD 6 core processor, 4 gigs of ram and a SATA DVD writer. I paid like 35 dollars for the motherboard and used a spare SATA HD I had bought just because it was on sale. (don't remember what I paid for the HD) I found a bootleg copy of Windows 7 64 bit and mounted it to a flash drive and we were up and running in less than an hour. So now my 9 year old has a faster machine than I do. Unless you're doing specifically what Macs are good for (photo and video editing), they are a gargantuan waste of money.

I don't mean to imply that Macs are junk. It's just that they're ridiculously oversold. My daughter and son in law do a wedding photography business on the side and they make serious jack doing it. They need what Mac does. (plus she's a school teacher so they saddle you with that crap around here). My boy in law built a Mac that is the proverbial shit. Like 64 gigs of memory, but its for manipulating all those huge image files. It's pretty impressive. Had he gone to the store and bought it, it would have been 6 grand for what he has in that box. Doing it himself, he spent almost two grand.

Latest posts

Back