Laminate flooring install in gutted kitchen

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should use the quote box when questioning someones posts and integrity. Then it gets deleted and people may think your talking about the wrong persons post.

But then, thats part of what the MODS job description I would fathom. :rolleyes:

Hey ernie, did you know that laminate should be installed AFTER cabinets since they will stop the floor from moving? Mind blown!

Hey ernie, did you know that laminate should be installed AFTER cabinets since they will stop the floor from moving? Mind blown!

I dont remember the exact words the poster put forth Ken because you did not quote him. I do remember reading it and I thought what he was trying to say was that the cabinets should be installed first, then trimmed out with an expansion space. Sounds good to me.

I did a inspection a few months ago where they did in fact install cabinets on top of laminate, with shimms on top of the laminate. Locked the floor in and gaps every freakin where. Then he screwed a piece of bi-fold door hardware into the laminate which was attached to the door casing.Bet that fireman wont do any more Pergo XP.

Latest posts

Back