Large format tile

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh crap! two footers on the diagonal? Ask for $1.50 extra. The biggest I ever did on a diagonal was 18" I had to cut halfway thru the turn them for the other half. Took a lot longer.

Rent a wet saw. And spread thin set over hardi backer and watch it pull out the moisture

Well here it is.

foyer 1.jpg

foyer 2.jpg

foyer 3.jpg

I could not find a wet saw big enough to cut these on a diagonal( approx. 33".)
I cut the two tiles at the door with a borrowed circular saw with a water hook up.
I clamped a straight edge to a board,over the tile. It cut pretty clean but, sprays a lot of water.
Everything else was cut with the 29" Sigma and a angle grinder ( no wet saw)
The grinder is starting to be my best friend, and the Sigma has been a great investment.

You can take a look at the reflections of light coming through the windows and that will tell you if the tiles are flat or not.

Excellent job looks to me.:D

I got one of those circular wet saws. Works great on flagstone as well. But they do spray lots of water, just turn down the pressure on the faucet.

I think someone did their homework on that tile to see that it fit diagonally.

Hey, who did the stairs? Those look great!

Thanks guys. The layout worked out great for the diagonal layout.
This is a modular home, the stairs came with the house.
The contractor is doing the railing/ spindles.

Last edited:
I wonder why the contractor chose to use two different style posts. He has ones with square bottoms up top and round ones at the bottom of the staircase.

You can take a look at the reflections of light coming through the windows and that will tell you if the tiles are flat or not.

Excellent job looks to me.:D
Wow............ I'm late to the celebration, but Don, that looks super nice. The even reflections say it all.

I wonder why the contractor chose to use two different style posts. He has ones with square bottoms up top and round ones at the bottom of the staircase.
Man, you pay attention!

Latest posts

Back