Latex sealer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Armstrong is saying to use latex sealer on their felt backed goods. I'm not so sure that is a good idea, but I guess they have to warranty it.

Armstrong is recommending a seam sealer called "fusion" for our big box installs. They stock it and they've since gotten rid of all their brand specific sealers. All manufacturers we deal with are backing their warranties on installs using it.

I've always thought that their S-570 was the best thing they had going. It came out around 90-91 and came in a can. They changed the # when they put it in a kit. S-564 I think.

Remember the dobber applicater they had in the 70's? Made a glossy 1" wide strip down the seam. I think that was for Designer Solarian though.

Our stores ditched the company sealers last year sometime and switched to the fusion. I am by no means a vinyl installer but I can do a good job if I need to. The nice thing about the fusion stuff is you can goop it on and not be neat about it and your can just scrape off the excess once it dries and it comes right off with a plastic putty knife. I learned the hard way when I had to seam the vinyl behind a toilet and the sealer had already set up inside the tip of the tube. I had to cut the other end of the tube to get it out, lol.

Not this stuff. It's replaced all the other sealers and the manufacturers are supposedly backing the warranties with it. It's the only one they still have in the store.

I've always thought that their S-570 was the best thing they had going. It came out around 90-91 and came in a can. They changed the # when they put it in a kit. S-564 I think.

Remember the dobber applicater they had in the 70's? Made a glossy 1" wide strip down the seam. I think that was for Designer Solarian though.

It was used on that heavy non patterned material too. Can't recall the name, but sorta like Seagate. ...........it had a tiny chip pattern with a bumpy and super glossy top coat. Came in many beautiful colors. Harvest gold, avocado............. :D

Latest posts

Back