Mapei

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup sure do. i like their Ultraflex 2 and 3 plus LFT mortar. They also have a decent SLC.

I( have a couple buckets of their multi-purpose in the shop if you need some.

Last edited:
I use the SLC a lot .

Do ya use the exterior SLC for under vinyl or moisture membranes ?

I find that lots of people use the interior grade in those applications and are not aware that the interio0r grade can reemulsify causing a expensive replacement.But not many of your regular sundry supply houses for floorcovering installers carry them.

Oh, you'll like this Nick. Check this spec wizard out. It's an excellent rescource for finding the correct product. But try and keep it a secret.

http://www.arcat.com/specwizard/03925map/

Do ya use the exterior SLC for under vinyl or moisture membranes ?

I find that lots of people use the interior grade in those applications and are not aware that the interio0r grade can reemulsify causing a expensive replacement.But not many of your regular sundry supply houses for floorcovering installers carry them.

Oh, you'll like this Nick. Check this spec wizard out. It's an excellent rescource for finding the correct product. But try and keep it a secret.

http://www.arcat.com/specwizard/03925map/

Now that is handy!! Cheers for that :D

I have used marpei stuff in the past although I can't remember which product.
I almost exclusively use Ardex product for prep these days, they seem to have the right stuff for every situation.

I have used marpei stuff in the past although I can't remember which product.
I almost exclusively use Ardex product for prep these days, they seem to have the right stuff for every situation.

In the past I have used Ardex exclusively however I have recentley been exposed to some awesome products with excellent tech support namely UZIN and have to say Ardex is going to have to look at there pricing if they wish to keep their place in the market.

The reason I ask about Mapei, when I was in the USA I was lucky enough to do a seminar with them and learn a lot more about there products and I have to say it was impressive. Unlike Ardex who dont distribute all of their product to NZ, Mapei will and it would be good to see that technology here. :D

Mapei has a new patch coming out you can either mix it soupy like SLC or firm like patch and it won't shrink.

Yeah it was Metro years ago, will be interesting to see what they have down here, i will have a look into it when I get a chance. Have hit the ground running since I landed in NZ

I have used mapei on afew jobs. I hate there epoxy grout and would rather use spectra lock. The ultraflex is really nice too

Latest posts

Back