MC Reading on Chinese Engineered Birch

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
The wood is Build Direct wrapped in celophane in boxes. Moisture content reading was 14% (@ 87F and 35% rh )on several different planks. :eek: No HVAC running as just delivered and house under construction, thus the high indoor temp.

First I used my cheapo Mini-Ligno. Then as shocked as I was I composed myself and pulled out my Tramex with the hammer probe. 13.7% :eek::eek:

Used my temp and species correction chart and I only get to subtract a -1. WTF, over?

Last edited:
So I told him to have Build Direct pick it back up and ship it back to China. Thats the only place where the MC would work outa the box. All 2,000 square feet of it.

How much hassle is that worth to anyone? Is it worth the dicsounted rate Build Direct is charging for the cheap wood from China? Still that are making a nice tidy profit. And I bet they will fight tooth and nail to keep from taking it back.
I was the only guy to show up with a meter, well actually 2 meters.

So I told him to have Build Direct pick it back up and ship it back to China. Thats the only place where the MC would work outa the box. All 2,000 square feet of it.

How much hassle is that worth to anyone? Is it worth the dicsounted rate Build Direct is charging for the cheap wood from China? Still that are making a nice tidy profit. And I bet they will fight tooth and nail to keep from taking it back.
I was the only guy to show up with a meter, well actually 2 meters.

Easy to have a competitive advantage if they don't dry the procuct.

Latest posts

Back