My vacation is done and over!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I'm headed off to my 14 day cruise beginning next Monday, So I will be absent...but I promise to think of all of you while I am swimming in Aruba, looking at machine guns in Cartagena, Colombia, viewing the Panama Canal, Hiking the rain forest in Costa Rica, Partying in Nicaragua, and drinking margaritas in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!

I'll try! ;)

Actually, we got an alert that the mosquitoes are bad in Costa Rica, and they carry the and viruses such as dengue, encephalitis and yellow fever.

Oh, and then this little nerve racking problem...

HEALTH SCREENING ADVISORY
In light of recent national news regarding the Ebola virus, we wish to advise you that we have adopted new boarding procedures and screenings following collaboration with the international health authorities. We are screening for any guests or crew who have visited or traveled through countries with a US CDC Level 3 Travel Warning (Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea) or had physical contact with or helped care for a person suspected of having Ebola within 21 days of a cruise departure date. These individuals will be denied boarding. We are also monitoring bookings for any guests coming from these countries. Princess Cruises has in place robust medical protocols that are consistent with public health guidance. We are monitoring the situation closely, along with our colleagues in the rest of the travel industry. Guests seeking more information on Ebola can visit the World Health Organization's website at www.who.int or the CDC website at www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/. Should you have any questions about these travel requirements, please call 1-800-774-6237 to speak with a Princess Guest Relations agent.

We did this cruise from LA through the canal to Fort Lauderdale a few years ago mid Jan and it was hot. A trip well worth doing. It would be interesting to see all the work they have done making the canal wider since we were there
Which ship are you on?
When you get to the locks have a look at this as you can get a photo of you standing on your ship as it goes through
http://pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html?cam=Miraflores

Which ship are you on?

WE are on the Island Princess (Princess Cruise Line)

When you get to the locks have a look at this as you can get a photo of you standing on your ship as it goes through...

That is really cool. I will have to give it a shot!

Have a safe, and fun trip Hav.

Thanks Nick!

Ask the captain if you can steer the ship into the locks.

I'll tell him..."I got it, go make me a margarita!" :D

Which ship are you on?

WE are on the Island Princess (Princess Cruise Line)

:D

We were on the sister ship Coral Princess and Princess would have been one of the better cruise ships we have been on
When you get to the locks, we hit the first one at about 5.30am go through the door which says no entry on the Bella deck, 11th deck??? or something like that, at the front of the ship to get a good all round view. It is meant to be a secret spot but the house maids tell all the people with inside cabins to go there. We were just down from that doorway and could here the door banging very early so we went and had a look, It was packed. From what I remember people weren't allowed on the bow area due to maybe a cable breaking and whipping up and taking a few heads off

Last edited:
We're leaving on the 27th.

Oct 27 Depart Fort Lauderdale at 4:00PM
Oct 28 At Sea
Oct 29 At Sea
Oct 30 Aruba 8:00AM to 7:00PM
Oct 31 At Sea
Nov 01 Cartagena 7:00AM to 700PM
Nov 02 Panama Canal - Full Scenic Cruising 6:00AM to 4:30PM
Nov 03 At Sea
Nov 04 Puntarenas 7:00AM to 7:00PM
Nov 05 San Juan Del Sur 7:00AM to 5:00PM
Nov 06 At Sea
Nov 07 At Sea
Nov 08 At Sea
Nov 09 Cabo San Lucas 7:00AM to 2:00PM
Nov 10 At Sea
Nov 11 Los Angeles Ship @ Port Of San Pedro 7:00AM

Here is the Coral Princess going through the locks. Not much room and I hope you don't find any of these on your cruise :D
Those kinda slots on the front of the ship are where you can get to through the closed doors. They are kept shut due to the wind when they are cruising I think. Good view from there

CORAL PRINCESS3 2.jpg

ICEBERG.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back