My vacation is done and over!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it looks like he is getting a pretty smooth ride

island_princess.jpg

Thanks Jon. Yep, we arrived in Los Angeles today. It was a great cruise, although them 3 days at sea were a bit overwhelming for me. Panama Canal was something I would recommend to everyone. I'll post pics when I unpack and find the camera!

I would like to see the new workings of the canal. I think everybody should go through the canal at least once just to appreciate how it was built all those years ago
havasu I was going to follow you through the locks with the web cam but I had to go to work
I cheated and found this :)

ISLAND_PRINCESS CANAL.jpg

We were provided bad information on how to find this web cam. They announced we could see the ship live by accessing <PanCanal.com>, but it didn't work for anyone. Your forward viewing area on deck 11 was fantastic, as was the aft viewing area on deck 11. Both places were superb, as was our balcony on the starboard side.

We were provided bad information on how to find this web cam. They announced we could see the ship live by accessing <PanCanal.com>, but it didn't work for anyone. Your forward viewing area on deck 11 was fantastic, as was the aft viewing area on deck 11. Both places were superb, as was our balcony on the starboard side.

Tallest building in our town is 9 stories. :eek:
Welcome home, Havasu................ now get back to work!:D

Looks like you had a good time and good weather havasu
I recognise where some of those photos were taken
We were told that they had to take the eaves off those buildings so that the extra with of the ships bridges these days didn't hit the buildings

What I found amusing was the deck lights on the port and starboard sides of the ship were on hinges, so when the ship went through the locks, they flipped up shaving off another 8" from the beam of the ship.

My arse is sore now. I have been on the computer for 6 straight hours and barely touched the problems!
The problems with your arse for sitting so long? :eek:

I'm not much of a social person, so if I won a 21 day cruise to wherever, I'd give it to a relative in a nanosecond. I like the photos a lot more than being there. I'm not into fancy stuff and fine dining either. Lets say that 7-11 pizza or a McD's Fillet-O-Fish parts are relatively fine-enough food in my book. (it's not available in hardcover):D

I am however, intrigued by things like the mechanical workings of the locks themselves and the engines on those huge ships. How to they make enough hot water and ice for everyone? That's where I'd be having fun on a cruise if I was in total control. I'd love to see that stuff because mechanical things grab my attention....... especially when it's on a large scale.

Glad you are home, safe and sound once more. Show the pics and show me what we missed out on .........and yes, I actually do like a nice steak once in a while. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't know how anyone can afford a steak.

When we were kids, mom would buy "steak" once in a while. She had to beat it with one of those aluminum spike faced tenderizing hammers so we could chew through it. ....but I don't think that's the cut of "steak" you are referring to. :D

Latest posts

Back