New Brad Nailer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
After dealing with jams on the last couple jobs I decided to purchase a new 18 ga brad nailer. The old bostitch was like ten years old and never jammed until last week.

So off to Lowes I went, decided on the Hitachi because I have a 15ga nailer from them and the damn thing is like a cannon. lol But somone looted the tool and stole the soft tip and staples out of it, last one on shelf. :mad:

I opted for the bostitch BT1855, kinda glad I did. It gets better reviews, drive a longer wire and more bells an whistles. It even has a belt clip with a built in pencil sharpener, swivel fitting and an extra non mar tip. :) Same price as the Hitachi. I do like Hitachi's quick jam release they have. Oh well.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QFYD24/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the Ryobi battery operated brad nailor and could not be happier. Fantastic as I don't have to get the compressor out for small molding.

I bought the Ryobi battery operated brad nailor and could not be happier. Fantastic as I don't have to get the compressor out for small molding.

Yeah framer, I was drooling over those battery/recycled gas ones, I'm just to cheap lol Plus the dang batteries are NOT sold with the gun and they cost dang near as much as I recall.

I've had a Porter Cable brad nailer for 4 or 5 year. I like it except you can't vary the position of the gun much or the safety won't let it fire. I liked my ols Senco, but it only shot up to 1 5/8"

For kicks, and for a "one time and probably never gonna use it again" gun, I spent $80 on a refurbished Hitachi pinner. Wow, what a cool tool. I used it for fastening incense cedar on a plywood closet interior. Speaking about tiny holes. :eek:
I have also used it in make a temporary guide to straighten a curved board on my table saw, and using the same procedure, to route an angled groove in my router table fence. I think it says it shoots up to 2" wires, but can't imagine a need to do that. The wire/pin diameter on these is about the same as a paper stapler. Not for heavy duty stapling of course, but it holds stuff in place so glue can set.

Last edited:
Yeah framer, I was drooling over those battery/recycled gas ones, I'm just to cheap lol Plus the dang batteries are NOT sold with the gun and they cost dang near as much as I recall.

HD has a sale on dril, impact, 2 batteries and charger for 99. The gun is on sale for 119 or there abouts.

Since I already own several batteries and chargers, it was a no brainer.

That would be nice. I did read that it gets so many shots per charge. That would be the lithium NiCd battery? And do you get those with the drill and impact? Plus I'm not sure it can deliver enough power to drive a two inch into hardwood.

It works well in most materials so far. Maple, not so much, but then most nailers have a tough time with it.

Yes, lithum batteries

Update- The bostitch kept jamming and I took it back! lol

It was supposed to have some new design that helps prevent jamming. Well it just made it harder to un jam. :mad: Tried different psi and well its just POOP!

Took it back and got the Hitachi. The Hitachi has the same design as my older 16ga with a latch in front for fast removal of a jammed pin.

Latest posts

Back