New to the forum

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken

Professional
Pro
Im a Jersey local born and raised. No, the locals are nothing like what you see on tv. I specialize in hardwood and laminate but get my hands wet in tile and vinyl planks now and then. Ive got a touch of OCD that makes me pay a little more attention than most. I cover every barrier island from central jersey to the very bottom tip of the state. My main focus is flooring the right way and making sure we get paid what we should.

Welcome to the forum. We are just a relaxed group talking mostly about flooring, but sometimes we get off topic.:D One of the mods is also from New Jersey.

I'm near long beach island. Lots of estimates but still waiting for everything to dry out. Tons of wannabes over here trying to put floors in too early.

Ken said:
I'm near long beach island. Lots of estimates but still waiting for everything to dry out. Tons of wannabes over here trying to put floors in too early.

Hey Ken I'm new here too, I can relate to the wanna bees I m in Indiana and they hire whoever will do it. Lol I'm originally from CA where they sew if ur not perfect. So I understand the frustration! They do everything bkwds and don't care! Sad really.
customers out here want something for nothing and they pay very minimal. It's gotten to ware u have people sign off on any future problems you warn against. I've found the ones who want it done right will wait it out to get it done right. The ones who want it done no matter what will sign off on the warning. Then it's in their hands. Make sure you write all the warnings for them to sign off on. And do the best you could! People don't know enough and some don't care because it will be on the installer. U just have to let them go and they will find the huge problems it becomes and some will call you back and take you seriously. Some become dedicated customers and appreciate your professional knowledge, they will pay the fair price. Their is fakes in every trade we just have to prove our work without all the hype of word and word of mouth will keep you busy.
Welcome here and good luck bud!

Hey Ken I'm new here too, I can relate to the wanna bees I m in Indiana and they hire whoever will do it. Lol I'm originally from CA where they sew if ur not perfect. So I understand the frustration! They do everything bkwds and don't care! Sad really.
customers out here want something for nothing and they pay very minimal. It's gotten to ware u have people sign off on any future problems you warn against. I've found the ones who want it done right will wait it out to get it done right. The ones who want it done no matter what will sign off on the warning. Then it's in their hands. Make sure you write all the warnings for them to sign off on. And do the best you could! People don't know enough and some don't care because it will be on the installer. U just have to let them go and they will find the huge problems it becomes and some will call you back and take you seriously. Some become dedicated customers and appreciate your professional knowledge, they will pay the fair price. Their is fakes in every trade we just have to prove our work without all the hype of word and word of mouth will keep you busy.
Welcome here and good luck bud!
Lol I'm originally from CA where they sew if ur not perfect. ?????

Latest posts

Back