Nine Eleven

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, thats cus your to young. I have this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, gee Bud, I guess if you don't like a songs version unless it is accompanied by flag waving and senseless views of militaristic war mongering, it is deemed a mockery?

Without getting into the political side of that useless unpopular war much like Iraq, I feel his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, with guitar sounds emulating the "bombs bursting in air" and the screams of those they land on was a great show demonstrating his unparalleled skill of the electric guitar.

I'm certain his opinion of you would be better than yours of him. Peace brother.

he had no opinions of anyone except himself and an occasional utterance of; "WOW FAR OUT MAN"!!!

:)

Sometimes no opinion is better. I'm sure if he were here he would not give you the time of day, less than what you have spent. Still the best guitarist that has ever lived. :p

Still the best guitarist that has ever lived.
Matter of opinion!

Shame the same can't be said for his short military career.
Hendrix enlisted in 1961. He completed basic training, and was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division (an admirable unit to say the least) and stationed in Fort Campbell, Kentucky. His commanding officers and fellow soldiers considered him to be a subpar soldier: he slept while on duty, had little regard for regulations, required constant supervision, and showed no skill as a marksman. For these reasons, his commanding officers submitted a request that Hendrix be discharged from the military after he had served only one year. Hendrix did not object when the opportunity to leave arose. It is also rumored that he was gay and that was before "Don't Ask Don't Tell".

Yessir...certainly the kind of human being I want to idolize.

Matter of opinion!

Shame the same can't be said for his short military career.
Hendrix enlisted in 1961. He completed basic training, and was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division (an admirable unit to say the least) and stationed in Fort Campbell, Kentucky. His commanding officers and fellow soldiers considered him to be a subpar soldier: he slept while on duty, had little regard for regulations, required constant supervision, and showed no skill as a marksman. For these reasons, his commanding officers submitted a request that Hendrix be discharged from the military after he had served only one year. Hendrix did not object when the opportunity to leave arose. It is also rumored that he was gay and that was before "Don't Ask Don't Tell".

Yessir...certainly the kind of human being I want to idolize.

For a person that says gay people don't bother him you sure bring it up allot. There were lots of people who cannot handle military life, so what? I like him for his musical ability. I like other country musicians for their musical ability. Don't judge a book by it's cover or a song by the musicans politics.

Rather than argue about a musician, lets all take this day to morn the people who passed.

For a person that says gay people don't bother him you sure bring it up allot. There were lots of people who cannot handle military life, so what? I like him for his musical ability. I like other country musicians for their musical ability. Don't judge a book by it's cover or a song by the musicans politics.

Rather than argue about a musician, lets all take this day to morn the people who passed.

Amen to that!!!

Daris

lets all take this day to morn the people who passed.

Since that is how this thread started, and I wish it would have continued that way. I am not in the mood today to let one of our members rant. I am closing this thread. (Nick, I really liked that version of The Star Spangled Banner.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back