North or south?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
We have four lanes of traffic going through our small coastal town here in Oregon. It's U.S. highway 101.
Two lanes go north and two go south. The two pairs of lanes are separated by one small city block through most of the town.
So I'm driving to work this morning and some moron is driving southward in one of the northbound lanes. :eek: As I would have predicted.................... Yup, California plates. :rolleyes:
He felt really bad about it and offered to buy me breakfast. Strange thing was, as I discovered shortly afterward, that he was a flooring installer too. Turned out that he was one really cool dude.
WOW, what are the chances of that happening?

Last edited:
We have four lanes of traffic going through our small coastal town here in Oregon. It's U.S. highway 101.
Two lanes go north and two go south. The two pairs of lanes are separated by one small city block through most of the town.
So I'm driving to work this morning and some moron is driving southward in one of the northbound lanes. :eek: As I would have predicted.................... Yup, California plates. :rolleyes:
He felt really bad about it and offered to buy me breakfast. Strange thing was, as I discovered shortly afterward, that he was a flooring installer too. Turned out that he was one really cool dude.
WOW, what are the chances of that happening?

Was he a Kiwi driving on our correct side of the road? :D

Was he a Kiwi driving on our correct side of the road? :D
Not possible Jon, I could understand every word he said. :D
In Michigan someone would have been dead. Happens all the time on the expressways.

Daris
It was in town in a 30mph zone. It was an honest mistake. Happens frequently here. You can't put one of those "going the wrong way" signs at every single intersection through town. I got his phone number and he's heard of this website, so maybe I'll here from him again. :D

Yeah, you gotta watch out for them California drivers, especially them older ones. It turned out alright though. We had a great visit over biscuits and gravy and coffee. Though, I really didn't need the coffee after running in to a street full of headlights bearing down on me. Wakes ya right up. :eek:

Thanks for taking the time High. That was fun.

Yeah, you gotta watch out for them California drivers, especially them older ones. It turned out alright though. We had a great visit over biscuits and gravy and coffee. Though, I really didn't need the coffee after running in to a street full of headlights bearing down on me. Wakes ya right up. :eek:

Thanks for taking the time High. That was fun.

Cat's out of the bag. :D
Thank you Darol. You're exactly the same in person as the guy that types here. I really appreciate you takin' time to stop by........... I wish even more that you would have brought some tools with ya. :D

Last edited:
The only one from any of the forums I ever met was the late Tandy Reeves. He was a genuinely nice person.

I have talked to most of you on the phone.

The only one from any of the forums I ever met was the late Tandy Reeves. He was a genuinely nice person.

I have talked to most of you on the phone.

I took Tandy's class in Buffalo . He was a nice guy. Met Chris Mia there .

I had the privilege of talking to Tandy once on the phone. As I, he loved to fish. A special guy he was. The world needs more people like him.
A client had covered all the foundation vents with plastic during winter months. When I came to do some work there, I noticed a crunchy sounding laminate floor. I mentioned that on TFP forum and Tandy PM'd me asking for my address so that he could send me a couple of DataLoggers to test the crawl space and interior of that home just for kicks and giggles.
When I called him up to return them, he just said "keep em, because I'm retired and don't need them anymore" I suggested that he could give them to Chris. Tandy said he had already given some to Chris........... "Keep em he said. You'll find a use for them"
I have used them a number of times and they are a neat tool to have.
Yup, he was a very neat guy.

Latest posts

Back