Official Release of SUPERAntiSpyware 5

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

In Remembrance
We are excited to announce the official release of SUPERAntiSpyware 5! This release represents our most significant update in 2 years and we want to thank everyone who helped test along the way.

What's New in SUPERAntiSpyware 5?

SUPERAntiSpyware 5 provides users with a new and improved user interface, improved and much faster scanning engine, updated and enhanced Real-Time Protection, integration with Windows Task Scheduler, the addition of the Rescue Scan option, and other improvements aimed at providing enhanced usability and effectiveness.

Click here to read more about the changes and improvements in SUPERAntiSpyware 5

How Can I Get SUPERAntiSpyware 5?

We are partnering with CNET Downloads (aka Download.com) for our launch day today, August 2nd. You can support us by downloading your update manually today from www.download.com

Update from an Older Version:
You can update using the in-product updater beginning in the AM Pacific Time Wednesday August 3rd. If you have SAS installed and don’t want to wait until the 3rd, you can download it from download.com today (August 2nd) and it will install right over-the-top of previous versions.

Clean Install:
You can download SUPERAntiSpyware 5 from our site www.superantispyware.com

Both . It will prompt you after you download the file .
When I was a computer novice, my old girlfriend was quite computer literate and used to prompt me for downloads....... sounds cool. :D
So far, SAS has never seen anything it didn't like on my computer....... felt like running it was a waste of time. :rolleyes:
Maybe I just surf too safe??? :confused:

That said I am more optimistic now with SAS introducing a newer version ready to install.

Last edited:
Print these instructions out.

1. Download SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users:
http://www.superantispyware.com/

* Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation ..
* An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program ..
* If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here: http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html.)
* Close SUPERAntiSpyware ..

Restart computer in Safe Mode.
To enter Safe Mode, restart computer, and keep tapping F8 key, until menu appears; select Safe Mode; you'll see "Safe Mode" in all four corners of your screen

* Open SUPERAntiSpyware ..
* Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button ..
* Click the Scanning Control tab ..
* Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
o Close browsers before scanning ..
o Scan for tracking cookies ..
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining ..
* Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
* Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer ..
* On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive ..
* On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan ..
* Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer ..
* After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
* Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next" ..
* A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu ..
* If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" ..
* To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
o Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab ..
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log ..
o If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor ..
o Please copy and paste the Scan Log results and Post the log .* Click Close to exit the program.
RESTART COMPUTER!

nick was that the intended answer to my question about running Norton at the same time?

You shouldn't run two antivirus at the same time .
SAS is a antispyware program . Don't turn off Norton ,
You will get infected . Actually i took Norton , and Mac a not free off a lot of the confusers from members on here now . Both are Bloated software , and infections blow right through them .Haven't had anyone e mail me with a infection in a few years .
I put Zone Alarm Free , and Avast Free on for them .
I don't believe in buying software when i have free stuff that is actually better .
Your confuser will even run a lot faster without Norton . If you decide you want to dump it let me know as there are certain steps to removing it .
It is like a spider web.

Whats a confuser? :) I have not had any problem with viruses and stuff...my confuser....lol .....and I have run norton for years. Plus they have off site back-up and a new thing you can get help if you do get one as long as you are currently paid up. But I am into saving money! Had zonealarm once and I was not happy with it.

Last edited:
The Masta knows what he's doin Ernest. Along with what he's suggested, Malwarebytes'Anti-Malware is a great tool for cleaning up problems also. And no yearly payments to the big boys anymore for any of these. I'm among one of those happy students.

Grasshopper.:D

Or one of them.

Whats a confuser? :) I have not had any problem with viruses and stuff...my confuser....lol .....and I have run norton for years. Plus they have off site back-up and a new thing you can get help if you do get one as long as you are currently paid up. But I am into saving money! Had zonealarm once and I was not happy with it.

Zone Alarm has come a long way since you had it .
One of the best firewalls out there .
If you are happy with Norton , stick with it.
What didn't you like about ZA ? How long before you have to fork over more money to Norton ?

I have SAS turned off . only use it for cleaning some infections .

Go to start > run > type in msconfig > start up >
uncheck sas > reboot > put a check in the pop up box so it doesn't keep popping up at boot .
I use Spyware Blaster . [It's free of course] . along with avast , and ZA.
[ame]http://download.cnet.com/SpywareBlaster/3000-8022_4-10196637.html[/ame]

Latest posts

Back