OSB for stone??

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfpintkid

I am replacing carpeting with about 350 s/f of natural 18"sq, 1/2" stone. Currently have Potlatch OSB Sturd-I-floor, exposure 1, 23/32 subfloor on 24 OC trusses with a 9ft max span of a total 30 span that terminates midway through a dining/living room where a hallway intersects. (No load bearing wall under the termination point).
My hopes are that I can get by with adding 3/8' ply and 1/4' CB as I have 1 1/4" total to work with before interfering with the front door. If not, I will have to make due with just the entry and hallway as they are supported underneath.
Any advice would be appreciated!
thank you so much.

Last edited:
Installation of any stone floor tile requires TWO layers of subfloor. The base-layer can be OSB however the second layer should be quality plywood. In this case 3/8" plywood (underlayment grade) should suffice.

It is the (trusses) and the (24" on center) spacing of the trusses that would be in question. I don't have those span-tables handy but in my experience what you have there translates into a workable process.

If it were me I would go for it and feel comfortable with the installation.

:(
Little late, but The TCNA-handbook does not recognize 24” on center.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back