Peru Trip

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Got back around a week ago from Peru. The wife dragged me all over the dang country. Lots of stairs! From the Peruvian Amazon to Machu Picchu, Lima, Cusco, Lake Titti Caca. (Having a hard time loading up photos admin.)

P1000755.jpg

Last edited:
............ Dang photos preview straight up but load sideways. sorry. The Catholic churches, so many all covered in gold and silver.

P1000042.jpg

P1000039.jpg

Last edited:
.............. Can only load a couple photos at a time because of some error, missing security token. Later.

If I could go anywhere in the world, it would be Machu Picchu.

Its amazing. Pictures just dont do it justice. It was thundering and raining on the peaks east of us. Rainy season just starting.
Ya might need oxygen and coca leaf and coca tea.
The city of Cusco is much higher though, like 12,000 ft. Some people could barely get out if bed due to altitude sickness

Last edited:
The island of Tequile in Lake Titticaca is over 12,000ft. Its such a large lake you cannot see land from out in the middle.
All solar powered, no generators, vehicle's. Ya gotta hike.
The people speak the native language. Takes 2 1/2 hours to get there by boat.
The peaks in the distance are in Bolivia.

The girl leading the way is our private tour guide. I had a hard time keeping up with my wife and her.

20171010_125433.jpg

20171010_125814.jpg

20171010_122448.jpg

Last edited:
You're new middle initial is Jon. :D
Wow.............. your wife drug you to see Machu Picchu? She is one strong woman. :D
Sounds like a cool trip.

Jon, great weather even in the Amazon it was only 90F. It is springtime there as you would know. Nice and chilly in the mornings. Also had some fresh trout that was amazing. Apparently the lake is full if trout.

Lunch in Taquile.

20171010_132928.jpg

20171010_133145.jpg

Last edited:
Here's one High. Besides almost every home has solar and batterys to store electricity; here is a solar powered pumping station that pumps water to the top of the island, then gets distributed around the island .
Plus a few path lights.
Government supplied.

20171010_125910.jpg

20171010_125155.jpg

Last edited:
Churches, if you like old Catholic churches there are like 12 just in Cusco alone. Each one has numerous smaller mini altars. In the large cathedrals I counted sixteen in one alone for different Saints all lavishly covered in gold and silver. One could spend weeks just visiting churches.

http://www.aboutcusco.com/en/culture/churches/

P1000034.jpg

P1000948.jpg

How about some fine hand woven textiles? These people do the patterns from memory. That table runner is made from baby Alpaca.

P1000573.jpg

P1000574.jpg

Latest posts

Back