Petrol prices

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
Last edited:
How are your petrol prices going?
I am having to get the wife to ride a push bike soon instead of her taking her car to see her horse :)
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11941887
Then the price is going up 10 cents a litre again in a couple of months as well to pay for new roads
Our petrol prices are just about all taxes

SOMEONE
has to pay for the US/NATO/Russia military expenses in the Middle East. It's a "tax" on everyone, everywhere with no rational solution in sight.

In California I just noticed a fairly big spike in prices--------but it's hard to confirm til I can see a half dozen to a dozen stations. Sometimes various gas stations will be WAY overpriced for a minute, til business drops off. They play these game 24/7/364 pinching every penny per gallon they could. Customer loyalty is SO long gone in virtually every retail operation I have virtually no sympathy for them being gutted by internet/online business and Walmart.

Last edited:
Gone up $.50 in the last 2 weeks here thanks to Jerry Brown, the governor famous for spending $64 Billion for a bullet train starting in a place with no persons, and ending in another place with even fewer people.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/bullet-train-to-nowhere/article/2004120

The entire United States is terribly behind other countries in high speed rail. People complained about BART when it started now is keeps thousands of people off the roads every day. Like one article said, "You cannot widen roads or expand airports any further in the big cities", traffic jams everywhere.

Someones gotta pay fort it. We need one from Tucson to Phoenix badly, then connect it to San Diego and LA.

Just got gas for both cars today.....at COSTCO. Regular (for the wife's car) was $2.99 a gallon, and premium (for my Lexus pig) was $3.39 a gallon. Nearly $.80 cents more a gallon after Dodo Brown's $.12 cent a gallon tax increase. How is that even possible except they are just downright ripping us off.

Just got gas for both cars today.....at COSTCO. Regular (for the wife's car) was $2.99 a gallon, and premium (for my Lexus pig) was $3.39 a gallon. Nearly $.80 cents more a gallon after Dodo Brown's $.12 cent a gallon tax increase. How is that even possible except they are just downright ripping us off.

If we had that .12 cent tax here on the Oregon coast, we'd be paying about the same as you.............. and you think that you are getting ripped off? :D ....no offense, but this is Oregon and we are paying $2.79 (cash price). We ought to be 40 or 50 cent['s cheaper then you.

The entire United States is terribly behind other countries in high speed rail. People complained about BART when it started now is keeps thousands of people off the roads every day. Like one article said, "You cannot widen roads or expand airports any further in the big cities", traffic jams everywhere.

Someones gotta pay fort it. We need one from Tucson to Phoenix badly, then connect it to San Diego and LA.
You are one of 100 people in the entire US that want' s $5 gas again.

Latest posts

Back