Petrol prices

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.........sorry bout that. I just googled it and I was wrong.
....you're the only one that want's $5 gas. :D
I can't wait to see what happens to electric car prices when the government subsidies end. If they drop 25% it will show how much they are getting in subsidies. If they cost as much to produce as I think, they won't be able to make a profit because people won't pay 50 grand for a two door grocery getter.

Speaking of fast trains, they keep mentioning building a high speed rail line from Ontario, Ca to Las Vegas, Nv. Right now it costs about $100 each way to fly to Vegas, and because of the high costs, most folks are driving, which really clogs up the roadway on Fridays and Sundays. I say let Las Vegas pay for a high speed rail, since we go there to lose money, and allow them to get all the advertising on the side of the train.

.........sorry bout that. I just googled it and I was wrong.
....you're the only one that want's $5 gas. :D
I can't wait to see what happens to electric car prices when the government subsidies end. If they drop 25% it will show how much they are getting in subsidies. If they cost as much to produce as I think, they won't be able to make a profit because people won't pay 50 grand for a two door grocery getter.

Never said I wanted higher gas prices. It's just that circumstances in large cities dictate mass transit systems.

Years ago I had a friend who drove a gasoline tanker truck for DX. He said every company truck got filled at the same depot in Oklahoma. After his tank was full (1000 gallons I think), he climbed to the top and poured in one gallon of "super boron". (like spitting in the ocean) Then DX could charge more because of the additive.

Never said I wanted higher gas prices. It's just that circumstances in large cities dictate mass transit systems.
Giving you a hard time, Ernesto.
There's a difference between reality and pie in the sky day dreaming like Jerry Brown is doing. A system needs to have two components.
Cost effectiveness, and riders. That bullet train is going to be a dismal failure. A successful system would be one that people demand and is most used. If the train is only 15% filled on a regular basis, it's a total failure.
Here's the transit line in Portland Oregon...... some reality.
http://www.debunkingportland.com/sometransitfacts01.htm
This is different than high speed rail for sure. Still, it demonstrates the cost effectiveness of the system. Bullet trains don't stop every 10 miles to pick up additional passengers either, and you have to drive or ride something to get to the train station. Once there, they will need huge parking lots.
Adding another lane in some areas for buses only would be much more cost effective. If you need to travel 200 or 500 miles quickly, you need to go to the airport.

20 years ago they built an exit ramp 20 miles from me that just ends in mid air. They would have to move part of a national cemetery to finish it.

20 years ago they built an exit ramp 20 miles from me that just ends in mid air. They would have to move part of a national cemetery to finish it.

There was one of those situations in Portland, Oregon that hung there for 15 years....... road to know where? You drove through some curs and looked up to see this partially completed half curve overpass that just ended in mid air. It was one of dozens of overpasses that direct traffic near or go across the Willamette River along interstate 5 as it travels through the city. I recall it was eventually torn down because it wouldn't work out as intended. ......oooops as they say. Easily a few million buckaroos in planning, constructing and removing.

I too want to try that hike but I hear it is on the strenuous side, and not good for old farts with metal knees. Another concern is if there is any rain forecasted, it will flash flood the area and it has killed many hikers throughout the years because rains will wash you down the canyon lickity split.

I too want to try that hike but I hear it is on the strenuous side, and not good for old farts with metal knees. Another concern is if there is any rain forecasted, it will flash flood the area and it has killed many hikers throughout the years because rains will wash you down the canyon lickity split.

That's what makes hiking exciting...... the unknown. :D

The Paradise area at Mount Rainier (elevation of 5,400 feet) is known for its snowfall. Paradise once held the world record for measured snowfall in single year in 1971-1972: 1,122 inches (93.5 feet/28.5 meters). A new low snowfall record for Paradise was set in 2014-2015 with 266 inches (22.2 feet/6.7 meters), previously set in 1939-1940. Snowfall is measured at the official Paradise weather station and is recorded in inches. To include the full winter season, snowfall is recorded from July 1st to June 30th. Friend snowed shoed up there at age 62 .

gh.jpg

Last weekend we got back on the trail for the first time since Peru. Bug spring trail. Its a lower elevation trail about 5,000ft. Difficulty level 3. It runs all the way up Mt. Lemmon to about 9,800ft.

20171111_102142.jpg

20171111_111118.jpg

20171111_110433.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back