Plastic Laminate to Concrete Transition

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfun83

Good Morning or Afternoon.
I am new to the forum and a novice at installing wood flooring. I have approximately 1000 sq ft of space I would like to cover with underlayment and interlocking wood flooring. Approximately half of the 1000 sq ft is currently plastic laminate and the other half is carpet. To make my job easier, I would like to leave the plastic laminate in place and pull out the carpeted area. That leaves approximately a 1/32 or 1/16 inch transition between the concrete floor and the plastic laminate.

My question is: What do I need to do at the transition between the plastic laminate and the concrete floor to make certain the floor does not feel spongy at the transition?

Good Morning or Afternoon.
I am new to the forum and a novice at installing wood flooring. I have approximately 1000 sq ft of space I would like to cover with underlayment and interlocking wood flooring. Approximately half of the 1000 sq ft is currently plastic laminate and the other half is carpet. To make my job easier, I would like to leave the plastic laminate in place and pull out the carpeted area. That leaves approximately a 1/32 or 1/16 inch transition between the concrete floor and the plastic laminate.

My question is: What do I need to do at the transition between the plastic laminate and the concrete floor to make certain the floor does not feel spongy at the transition?
I guess this question is something that is not done too often? Wondering why I am not getting any responses.

Latest posts

Back