Putting your lights up yet?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyK

My wife and I are debating the time to put up lights. She says the day after Thanksgiving, I say two week before Christmas.

When do you do it?

If it was up to me not at all. But the other half has got to have lites. I put them up on Monday of this week. " UNDER DURESS!"
I'm a big bah humbugger. I think Christmas has got to commercial and the reason for it has been forgotten.

Daris

Neighbor did such a nice job on his last week i decided to put a few strings up myself .

when keeping up with your neighbors really matters.jpg

I'm putting up some solar powered driveway lighting and throwing in some colored light bulbs.

Living in the Christmas capital of Canada, we should have lots of lights out, but the kid won't be back here for the holiday and I am hellbent on bah-humbug. I did put a big red bow on the front door, and have a solar-powered snowman at the back door (our usual access from the back lane).

I really should get out and take pics of the lighting projects around here, they rival that of Nick's neighbour and Rusty's civic display. Love that ditto sign, lmao.

I'm putting up some solar powered driveway lighting and throwing in some colored light bulbs.

I wonder how many million tons of CO2 are generated each year to manufacture and and power up all of the pretty Christmas lights.
hee hee, I couldn't resist.
Coal in my stocking again this year. :D

Do like some folks around here do. Just leave them up year round. All ya gotta do is plug and unplug.

If we put up lights here, the only ones that might see them is those in the space shuttle going over.:)

P5280779.jpg

Last edited:
Working for the tree guy, at least once a week we are feeding trees through the chipper that still have lights on them!:eek: The customer knows we are coming to take down their tree......... and they still don't take down the lights!:mad: And I'm not talking about just Christmas time.

Working for the tree guy, at least once a week we are feeding trees through the chipper that still have lights on them!:eek: The customer knows we are coming to take down their tree......... and they still don't take down the lights!:mad: And I'm not talking about just Christmas time.

I sure hope they had the courtesy to unplug them first! :p

Latest posts

Back