QR/Shoe Molding on a 2 color room?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickmv

Background: I've got a sunroom that was added onto my house and am looking to replace the dated/stained carpet with LVP and have the following setup:
  • 3 of 4 walls are white and are the sunroom metal material (aluminum, etc)
  • 1 of the 4 walls (the house portion) is the original slanted wood siding in a light brown color. Prev owners did that to match the vinyl siding on rest of the house

I'm left with 3 questions / challenges I'm trying to solve for:
  1. I'm going to need quarter round, shoe molding or baseboards installed in the room but given that the walls are differently colored, how does one typically approach trim/molding in this situation? I feel like it would look weird to color match the molding to each wall, resulting in 3 walls of white molding and 1 wall of light brown molding.

I figure I can either try to find some happy medium color between white and light brown, or I can get matching floor patterned quarter round / shoe molding. Any suggestions here (see pic)?

2. The wall against the house presents an interesting challenge because it's slanted siding. How much issue would this cause with getting the molding / QR sorted out?

3. The bottom of each sunroom wall (the 3 walls added on) have screw heads sticking out. I'm guessing this will need to be accounted for and potentially shallow holes drilled in the molding / QR to create a flush fit?

See pic below for a reference point for all 3 issues:
PXL_20211027_153725994.jpg

Thanks!

Either paint the room all one color and paint the q round traditional white.
Or go with the color match q round to your new floor.

I personally like white baseboard/ trim but it's all personal preference.

Latest posts

Back