Question about this pc.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darol Wester

Professional
Pro
I'm helping a friend find a good desktop and found this, which is similar to mine. Do you think there will be an issue with the discontinued thing? I know mine was discontinued after I bought it. I'm guessing that they'll still be supported like they did with XP for many years......right?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HSEW28O/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've read, the mainstream support is the one that goes first, then the extended support which is the final support. That ought to be fine for this pc.

Thanks Rusty.

She already has those toys Nick. She just wants a home unit now. I do get to play with peoples smart phones/ipads now and then. Would love to have one, just haven't made the leap yet.

That's not a bad confuser Darol. The I3 is the slowest chip they made .

The I 5, Then the I 7 is the fasted.

It should be fine for what it'll be used for. Our internet speed around here is probably slower than most. Here's a test I just finished on mine.

Even High's is faster I'll bet. :)

sisisis.jpg

Last edited:
You should be getting 50 / 5 with fiber Darol.

It is actually a scam. the fiber cable stops at the inside of your house then regular colax cable to your TV, and confuser .

You should be getting 50 / 5 with fiber Darol.

It is actually a scam. the fiber cable stops at the inside of your house then regular colax cable to your TV, and confuser .

A T & T starting advertising that we had fiber optic cable here a few years ago, but it's a lie. My phone line is buried in my yard and they haven't touched it in the 23 years we have lived here.

This is what we have to choose from. I'm on Basic Broadband.

Economy Broadband, 1 Mbps, $24.95/Month
Basic Broadband, 4 Mbps, $49.95/Month
Enhanced Broadband, 8 Mbps, $69.95/Month
Premium Broadband*, 10 Mbps, $84.95/Month

If I had that kind of speed, I'd have to tie my confuser down. There is Verizon internet service in these parts, but unfortunately the reception isn't all that good because we're in a valley, over a mountain from the tower and the signal can be weak. The gal I'm helping with the desktop has Verizon and it depends on where you're standing how good the signal is. All part of living in the mountains.:)

I pay $82.00 a month for the net and basic cable .

I listen to my CD'S most of the time , or watch DVD's . No need to give them all that money to see the same movies over , and over.

This is through Comcast .

Latest posts

Back