Quotes with vast difference in yds...

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna5

Gathering quotes for same commercial/residential carpet in 3 entryways & one lower level in condo complex...a restoration due to lg fire. Have 3 quotes from board member contacts with differences in sq yd's of 145 to 140 but they are missing an addition of the one lower entry approx 112 sq ft. Then 3rd quote is complete at 170 sq yds. Final quote is from a trusted family member with 3 years experience .. his quote is 96 sq yds!

Called him back to re-measure...he is checking his previous paperwork for sq ft. now. With re-measure he is at 124 sq yds for three complete entryways & one main level of entry. He has added more yardage in case but absolutely thinks he is correct and even generous in amounts. What can account for these others being so different? Or is family member's judgement off? Since he is my family member, he must be correct in order to use his quote!
Maybe the following will help... measurements are as follows: 14 x 3 long strip downstairs, front 4x4, rear 7x5; stairs w/stringer and covered end..13 steps which he figures at 107 sf, & upper landing with wrap 7x6.

Can anyone give me an explanation for the difference? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Nick,
Not sure exactly what repeat is...but only flower like thing is about 1' apart from the next one. Supposedly sales send measurements with drawing to corporate and they determine amount of carpet knowing design and stand behind it all the way. As I learn more, possibly no need to worry.

It is when the pattern starts over again. It should be on the back of the sample . I had them as much as 72"

Latest posts

Back