Reinstall toilet before finishing the LVP?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosewood

Our helper is only available a couple times a week for a couple hours. We want to put LVP in the master bathroom at our home but don't want to be without that toilet for days.

Would it be ok to only lay the LVP in the toilet area, then reinstall the toilet and finish the LVP on another day? (It is click flooring and we were planning to lay it without glue because it's a small bathroom.)

I wouldn’t determine my layout based on someone not wanting to pull a toilet. Don’t pull the toilet until you are ready to actually lay floor underneath the toilet. Get your main shot laid out and everything else done, that way you only pull the toilet when you are actually ready to pull the toilet. Shouldn’t take you that long to complete the toilet area when you get there.

You got any pics of the layout? Others will chime in with their 2 cents as to what they would do.

How can it take "days" to install LVP in one single Master Bath?

Do you have other toilets in the house?

It's possible to install the toilet area first. It's just unorthodox and possibly more awkward and also possibly undesirable to do it depending on a few other factors you haven't mentioned-------like demoliton and subfloor/underlayment work.

To be clear, if there's alot of work there.............as in a LARGE room with difficult demolition of existing flooring and then subfloor damage and new plywood/repairs or patching......it's probably smart to let your helper do it the most efficient way. Other wise you could turn a 5-10 hour project into a 20-endless hour job. We need to know your other priorities and contingencies.

Possible? Of course it is.

I wouldn’t determine my layout based on someone not wanting to pull a toilet. Don’t pull the toilet until you are ready to actually lay floor underneath the toilet. Get your main shot laid out and everything else done, that way you only pull the toilet when you are actually ready to pull the toilet. Shouldn’t take you that long to complete the toilet area when you get there.

You got any pics of the layout? Others will chime in with their 2 cents as to what they would do.
Ok thanks ... We can start laying the LVP in the area where the bathroom entry door is located and work our way over to the toilet that's on the other end of the room.

How can it take "days" to install LVP in one single Master Bath?

Do you have other toilets in the house?

It's possible to install the toilet area first. It's just unorthodox and possibly more awkward and also possibly undesirable to do it depending on a few other factors you haven't mentioned-------like demoliton and subfloor/underlayment work.

To be clear, if there's alot of work there.............as in a LARGE room with difficult demolition of existing flooring and then subfloor damage and new plywood/repairs or patching......it's probably smart to let your helper do it the most efficient way. Other wise you could turn a 5-10 hour project into a 20-endless hour job. We need to know your other priorities and contingencies.

Possible? Of course it is.
How could it take days? Because our helper is only here a couple hours at a time, about every 3 days.

The existing floor is just vinyl sheet so we can put the LVP over that, but I'm still not sure he could get the entire bathroom floor done in 2 hours.

Thank you for clarifying that we could just do the area around the toilet if that's all he has time for.

Note: we are seniors with knee/back issues so we cannot do it ourselves. There is another toilet in our home about 45 feet from the master bedroom although we'd rather not have to do that walk in the middle of the night.

Rosewood, if your helper does proper prep and measuring and has the right tools it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to lay the flooring. It goes in pretty fast. I helped install it before. Maybe something you can do is have your helper come out one day and get all the measurements, templates, general layout, and cut stuff and do sort of a dry fit and then come back another day where he can pull the toilet.

If you have to pull the toilet more than once you might want to get a "Better Than Wax" ring instead of wax.

If your bathroom is mostly square or rectangular and doesn't have a lot of weird shapes it will be easier to do. How many sqft are we talking? It could probably be done in under an hour if the helper knows what he's doing.

Latest posts

Back