Restaurant Impossible

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardsurfaceguy

Heading to Cinncinnatti on Monday to work on the flooring for an episode of Restaurant Impossible. This will actually be the second episode that I have done in the last 10 weeks.
The first episode that i did will air on September 12th on the food network. Restaurant is called Paliani's. Located in Burton, MI. About 10 minutes from Daris's house.

Heading to Cinncinnatti on Monday to work on the flooring for an episode of Restaurant Impossible. This will actually be the second episode that I have done in the last 10 weeks.
The first episode that i did will air on September 12th on the food network. Restaurant is called Paliani's. Located in Burton, MI. About 10 minutes from Daris's house.

Not familiar with the show. Is it about restaurants that are so dirty the state shut em down because the floors were so bad? :eek:

About struggling restaurants for whatever reason. Chef Robert Irvine comes in and renovates in two days and ten thousand.dollars. its on the food network.

Have a safe trip and have fun. Tell Robert and Lynn ( he is the designer ) I said hi.
I will be watching to see if you get more air time then I did. :D

Hectic job this time around. Got to Cincinnati at 3 pm on Monday. Worked all night and half the next day with no sleep. Finished up around 1:30 pm. Headed home around 2. Got home at 7. Very crazy this time around but wouldn't stop me from doing another. Chef Robert was very cool. If you get a chance go.see him. Robert Irvine Live. He is traveling the country now. Think he is in Hawaii today. He is very entertaining.

You do not get paid what you would on a normal job. They just cover your cost to get there and a little for your time. They pay around 500 to 550, that is all that is in their budget. This last one Chris did they paid more because it was last min.
You can use it in your advertisment's and resume's, plus good PR.
Now the two ABC Extreme makeover's I did, not a cent. I can use all their logo's and other stuf.

The last few have been IVC com. vinyl.
If you would like to do one just to see what it is about let me know. They have been calling me to see if I would like to do it or who in the area I might know that is good that might want to do it.

Last edited:
Yes, this one was IVC commercial. About 175 yards. And i did get considerably more than the $550 that I got for the one here in Michigan that was only an hour from home. I wasn't going to drive 5 hours for $550. Ended up agreeing on $1400. Love working for these guys though. And I love the show. Might catch my ugly mug on tv. Got autographed picture with Robert for my portfolio.

Look up that "Robert" on Wikipedia and see what you think. Seems he has had some credential problems in the past. If you can believe what you read there.

I am sure if they digged deep enough people could find something on everyone of us if they wanted to.
He treated me with respect and gave me know reason not to like him. Can not say the same of the star from the other show I did.
I do these job's because it help's a struggling buiness and for PR, who knows where it could lead.
I have gotten some pretty nice size and paying job's sent my way from the designer's of the Extreme MakeOver.

Latest posts

Back