Revenge

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems they download copywrited material for a profit.......... I'd hate seeing my photos sold without my own permission.
I think this is what sopa was aimed at......... the people who profit.

The problem is, if one of you copy and pasted copyright protected material on this forum, this bill would give them the means to shut us down.

Explain the difference to me...If you buy a movie and let me watch it on line it's illegal. If a library buys a a copy and loans it out it isn't.

If I rent a movie at Movie Gallery and let my neighbor watch it before I return it, is that illegal?

How in the hell does anyone read the above (linked) information and understand any of it?

:eek: I posted a copyrighted cartoon the other day. Ole JImmy woulda had my azz if it were over at TFL forum. ha ha figure it out ....:D

Thing is is...there's many ways to protect copyrighted material. If you don't want it used without your perrmission, don't put it on the INTERNET. If you put it on the INTERNET take precautions ar at least put your name on it so you get credit, nothing wrong with people using your stuff if you have your name on it, flattery gets you anything you want. Free advertising

It's that simple.

Last edited:
im with rusty---if i buy a music cd i now own it---i have a receipt for gods sake---i can sell it at a tag sale---i can set it on fire ---i can tote it around in my armpit if im so inclined---i can leave it to someone in my will---in other words---i own it--------but if i make a copy im a criminal---what the heck did i buy?

The problem is, if one of you copy and pasted copyright protected material on this forum, this bill would give them the means to shut us down.

Explain the difference to me...If you buy a movie and let me watch it on line it's illegal. If a library buys a a copy and loans it out it isn't.

If I rent a movie at Movie Gallery and let my neighbor watch it before I return it, is that illegal?

How 'bout "if I steal a movie and provide it to you" and make a profit by offering and providing it to you?
I understand........ I am guilty too.......... No stones at my glass house. :D

Just sayin, if a write, produce, market a movie and I have $695 million dollars invested....... this place you mentioned might provide it to you for free.
How do I recoup my cost (for my excellent movie, by the way) :D ......if everyone watches my movie for free?
That said, if I copy a photo and use it for instructional purposes here ......or as a joke........... and say that I also provide a link back to the original website, that might improve their income. In this case, it might be a very good thing for the photo or video owner.

I, like Bud, don't get the entire issue....... way, way to complex fer my pea brain.

If I add an image to this particular website, to describe a procedure.............. I don't make any money by doing so....... kinda describes my day job. :eek:

Last edited:
:eek: I posted a copyrighted cartoon the other day. Ole JImmy woulda had my azz if it were over at TFL forum. ha ha figure it out ....:D

Thing is is...there's many ways to protect copyrighted material. If you don't want it used without your perrmission, don't put it on the INTERNET. If you put it on the INTERNET take precautions ar at least put your name on it so you get credit, nothing wrong with people using your stuff if you have your name on it, flattery gets you anything you want. Free advertising

It's that simple.
That simple................
However if you sell one of my photos, and I catch ya............ yo ass is grassed.
No need to have a copywrite fer me to sue you and win easly.
If you can't prove you own the photo......... you snoozed and you loozed. (actual legal terminology) :D
Looking at my photo, or showing it to another person is not illegal........... unless you copied it.
Complex ain't it?

The bill probably needs to be written to protect anyone affected by copy write infringement, but it needs to be refined so it serves it original intent. .....which I thing is for profit companies selling goods and materials that they do not own the rights of.

Can I sell a copy of "Ten" to you Stephen? $15 and on genuine TDK. ...........I include an ultra slo mo on Bo during the beach running scene :D

Latest posts

Back