RipOff

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
I used the trial version of the W8 start button from stardock, it worked great. So I bought it. They took the money but it won't download and all the links they send for support are dead. Also, it tells me that my e mail address is invalid. Same e mail address they used to send my receipt. Only $4.99, but it's a ripoff.

I used the trial version of the W8 start button from stardock, it worked great. So I bought it. They took the money but it won't download and all the links they send for support are dead. Also, it tells me that my e mail address is invalid. Same e mail address they used to send my receipt. Only $4.99, but it's a ripoff.

Send Nick around with his ice pick He will sort them out :D

What is it supposed to do?

Here is a link to a 30 day free trial floorist , then you have to buy it .

http://download.cnet.com/Start8/3000-2072_4-75732532.html

Let me check into it a little more ,But this should work for you for now .

Nick.jpg

There are 2 numbers you need. The first is the steam activation, which gets it installed and on your computer. The 2nd is the product key. To get that right click on Fallen Enchantress in your steam library and select the "View CD Key" option. That's the key you need to enter in the Stardock activation dialog.

There is a problem with that. There is no serial number on my receipt. I have no password. It said I didn't need to create an account so I didn't. It also tells me that my e mail account is invalid even though that is the account they e mailed my receipt to. They are effed up.

Not really . One way to find out .
I would remove the other one first using Revo.

http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

Check the icon in revo of the software - check uninstall - Check the advanced circle . Check the + boxes on the screen that comes up - keep scrolling to you come to the lines in bold - put a check mark in them -check delete .
It will run around three times removing left over files in the registry and hard drive .

Don't use Add & remove . It will take it out of revo and leave a ton of crap on your drive .

Typical stardock customer

"Stardock sells Start8 among other software programs. If you purchase software and the license works, good for you. If you have any kind of problem at all, there is no support. Stardock rejects every email going to [email protected] Stardock's on line help desk does not work. If you have a problem and want a refund - forget it. You will not get any help or any refund. There is no customer support period.

I am an IT professional and I buy software for my clients and the Start8 program is a good one but beware of problems. Yes, it's only $5 but it's the principle of the issue. Stadock takes your money and then you are on your own. Frequently after you establish an account with them, your email address as login just stops working mysteriously, so you can't purchase more or look at what you did in the past. This is criminal behavior. I urge all of you to not purchase from this company unless you want to take a chance that you may get the product
"

Latest posts

Back