Roberts cotton head attachment

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Monfils

Professional
Pro
My 30 year old cotton head peeled back out of the frame the last time I used it. It’s been sitting in my garage for 2 almost years. I almost threw it out. Do you think this is fixable?
I’m not sure what type of glue to try.
Contact adhesive, C A glue ??
IMG_1957.jpeg
IMG_1958.jpeg
IMG_1959.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm betting this would be bulletproof. You'd want to weight it and let I'd set for a few days to get fully cured.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231029-102709.png
    Screenshot_20231029-102709.png
    548.8 KB · Views: 0
Do a couple small tests on a material that looks similar to the cotton head if that's possible just to see how it behaves. I think you might need to let it flash off for a few minutes if that's possible. It might be recommended.
Once together, you might clamp it a little bit putting a section of commercial carpet on the "cotton" followed by a layer of plywood to clamp against. I glued some curved strips of plexiglass to plywood when making a dust separator. It felt like the two materials had become one.
Just be sure to let it cure out really well if the cotton face part and the structural head don't look like either will breathe. The body is aluminum?

JB works on almost anything, but Plastic Steel is also super stuff.
That's what I have on hand. When I was working it would be easy to get a urethane, like what we use on rubber. I think that the flexibility of the urethane would be a better choice in the case of the cotton head. But I would certainly go with the JB as it's on my shelf already opened.

Latest posts

Back