S600 Available for Review

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't see any ground breaking changes in the document. Acclimation has been reduced to an hour which has already been an industry practice. So dealers have reduced their liability there.

There are 11 incidences of the term "deadman" in the document but no real explanation of it use or construction. I have always chuckled at the use of the term and saw it as a colloquialism with no real place in a formal document. It makes it hard for me to take it all seriously. If you wanna know what a deadman is you need to attend the school of the walker dead. Self-promotion...boo hoo.

Who friggin cares about crapet installation anyways. No one pays enough for what its worth. And no one is going to read it even if it is in Espaniol.

Lol k u all! Aren't we the happy campers today! lol I get that we all need a stinking break from all the politics of unqualified electives to determine what we should do or not do in products. As well as put into law what they see fit to put into law! But what about us The ones who touch the products who pick up the heavy stuff who run the ground scrape the floors bleed and sweet with our aching bodies, who are over worked who know the products we work with who know the quality of the mills which is 0 ! Put the blame ware it belongs! We need some flooring detectives who will investigate the whole process! From start to finish. Some people who works each with every product to show the real problem. Who do you think it would be? Mills! Is My guess! and don't think for a second they don't know it and possibly pay off the law guys on it. Typical politics! But installers get the blame most of the time. Since the go green errr is here its been way worse and harder to work with and they don't want to pay more. I see it in laminates vinyls as well.
What are the going rates for installation now? Out Here cpt is from 2.50-4.00 sy includes tack strip for wood/concrete floors and transitions and carpet. 1.00 for take up and scrape up! Vinyl pays about
1.25 sqft 10.00 a sheet of underlay met and mileage 1/2 hotel cost. Tile is abou 5.00 sf ! We have a lot of foreigners doing it for less. And the double tax the hell out of you.

If you do not read it and put in your 2 cent's then don't complain. Do I think it will be perfect? No. I am just hoping it will help level the playiing field when it comes to who get's the blame.
My biggest worry is who is going to have control of it? That is where the biggest fight will end up once it is done.

Hey Roland, congrats on the new tittle for the natural fiber thing. Just think, you may get to practice your hand sewing more now. ;)

Obviously the mills have their back pocket as usual. How can you have a dress code in an installation standard. LOL
I bet that stupid 1 1/2 percent stretching rule is still there too.I'm not going to waste my time reading it.

They dropped it to 1%. You can download it for free now, it will probably cost later. I thought about putting some of it on here for discussion, but it must be copyrighted. It says copying is illegal.

Well, they wanted input. I asked why there was nothing in the standards limiting hook, bow or skew. I don't expect to hear back, but we will see. The CRIs had no mill standards, I don't expect there to be any in these, because if they do, the mills will not sign off on it.

Latest posts

Back