SCAM ALERT

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Got an email from some dud in Davenport, IA with an invoice in my name and address for 371+ for a 5 year subscription to Norton Antivirus. Even had a 888# to call which Karen did. She said invoice me all you want I'm not paying it as I didn't order it. He then wanted her to open our Google acc't, that was when she hung up on him and deleted the email completely out of out computer. I wanted to print it but it is no longer there. She has beeen checking credit cards just in case he found the numbers.

Speaking of scammers, when I tried to sell off my mother in law's crap on Craigslist and OfferUp for anything over $200 I was barraged with multiple scams-------including the Google voice ID racket. The main one is they try to send you a check that you can take to the bank and make sure it "clears". Supposedly it's a Cashiers Check. Then they send someone to pick up your furniture. 3-4 days later the bank lets you know the check was bogus. Isn't modern high tech finance AMAZING?