Seagate Backup Plus

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernie

Picked up a one TB from Costco today. Just waiting for my poor little VAIO to load it all up. It has such an old processor. I'm just lucky I have not lost everything already. Its a testament to VAIO and vista superiority. Lol
This might take a whole 24 hours.

vista superiority. :D

Ha ha Nick, yea its slow but stays on target. The noble VAIO is reliable, like an old Chevy pickup.

I think I might start to by parts an build a new desktop, maybe water cooled. Oh can I use some automotive coolant in it instead? My kid built his and his brothers desktops that are like nothing dell or anyone makes production wise. I'm not a laptop fan.

ernie said:
Picked up a one TB from Costco today.

I bought a seagate 2tb drive from Costco too. It's a network drive though. I use it for backup and media. I can stream any of my media remotely.

Ha ha Nick, yea its slow but stays on target. The noble VAIO is reliable, like an old Chevy pickup.

I think I might start to by parts an build a new desktop, maybe water cooled. Oh can I use some automotive coolant in it instead? My kid built his and his brothers desktops that are like nothing dell or anyone makes production wise. I'm not a laptop fan.

I'm not a laptop fan myself . Spend to much time on the desktop fixing confusers for friends [etc]. Get the automotive coolant.:)

hmmm, I guess I have everything backed up. I have only 2 gigs of space left on the ole hard drive. So its getting to be critical mass. I don't want to just delete all my krap, I wanna move it off the hard drive. I thought this was an extra hard drive where I could just go fetch stuff. But it seems to be just for backing stuff up. :confused:

I might need one like Ken has perhaps?

On that note, I've heard of back-ups crashing along with the puter and then ya gots nuthing.

Had a huge surge this morning and everything went down. Scared the bejesus outa me.

Not following you E . You bought and installed a new drive on your confuser ?

It should have a different drive letter . Back up to that drive . You should get a prompt as to where you want the backup to go to .

What os are you running on the confuser ? XP, Win 7
I'll post a link for ya to make a bootable CD . Not all boot software Are the same , I'll send you a good one .

partitioned still keeps the backup on the same hard drive Floor .
Best way to do it is to use a external hard drive .

Nick said:
partitioned still keeps the backup on the same hard drive Floor .
Best way to do it is to use a external hard drive .

The seagate back up plus is an external drive. If its anything like my seagate goflex than its partitioned like I mentioned. I would imagine the plus part means you can use it for more than back ups.

The seagate back up plus is an external drive. If its anything like my seagate goflex than its partitioned like I mentioned. I would imagine the plus part means you can use it for more than back ups.

I thought the plus meant it also has cloud.Yes it is external plus portable. Maybe I better read the manual.

Isn't it partitioned to x, y and z? Public, personal and backup?

Yup. And it is only a tad larger than my cell phone. If you put your hand on it you can feel it spinning.

Last edited:

Just checking to make sure you weren't backing up to the same drive Floor .

Latest posts

Back