Some do get out

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Some installers do get out of the trade.

Barry Carlton

Sous Chef at Brookdale Senior Living the Villas Boise Idaho. Sole proprietor Carpe Diem Catering
Boise, Idaho Area

I think Barry was always more interested in cooking than installing. I miss his posts on here though. He last posted in Dec 2012, but was on here looking until about June 2013. He was a heckuva vinyl/lino installer.

I thought his parent's were loaded . Also didn't he buy a boat . Or am i thinking of someone else ? He was a good vinyl installer .

He used cproader and was from walla walla Washington. He talked about going to Japan to teach flooring.

Thanks Dan, That was bugging me .

I can't remember CP's name. You might remember him talking about his "doghouse" which had a largescreen TV.

That's Mark Stevenson. He was in my view, when being on the FPsite, the ultimate definition of a workaholic. The size of the jobs he takes on is unreal, considering it's just him, or he and his son. Plus the fact that that he does carpet, wood, vinyl and tile. .................and in his spare time, creates other ventures and builds his own house.............. and I'm tired just typing this. :rolleyes:

If I could find the door, I'd get out and never stop running. Congrats to Barry for doing something he truly enjoys.

That's Mark Stevenson. He was in my view, when being on the FPsite, the ultimate definition of a workaholic. The size of the jobs he takes on is unreal, considering it's just him, or he and his son. Plus the fact that that he does carpet, wood, vinyl and tile. .................and in his spare time, creates other ventures and builds his own house.............. and I'm tired just typing this. :rolleyes:

If I could find the door, I'd get out and never stop running. Congrats to Barry for doing something he truly enjoys.

He also had some kind of outside income. He was on here for a little while, but his better half wanted him to quit the forums. :(

Probably him.

Custom Floors

222 E. Isaacs Ave.
Walla Walla, WA 99362
(509) 520-1338

Business Description: Custom Floors is a family business that has operated in the state of Wa. for over 30 yrs. Now operated by a fourth and fifth generation flooring and tile mechanics. Our quality of work is always at the top of our priorities when any work is estimated and/or installed. Our installation service is warrantied for the life of the material installed. This warranty is not transferrable. When quality is a must when it comes to hardwood,cork, bamboo, tile floor/wall/countertop, stone and natural sheet flooring give us the opportunity to earn your trust.

He had his own plane and didn't need to work. He had some other big source of income that he never did divulge. I don't blame him. He was fun, though. I would like to hear from him.

I thought Mark sold a Dotcom company
Last I heard from Mark was that he got married to Rachel who also now has her pilots licence so they are doing commercial flying
I send any "plane" videos I get to him but haven't heard back for awhile

Being a chef is not all that easy, sous chef or not. Long hours in the kitchen getting fat.

Being a chef is not all that easy, sous chef or not. Long hours in the kitchen getting fat.

It's not a DAY job.

Nights and weekends are mandatory.

Only the really high class joints would give you holidays off. Those are actually the busiest days of the year. I did some restaurant work in high school and college. It's fun if you like a lot of chaos and pressure.

Latest posts

Back