The 800lb Gorilla In The Room - Refrigerators On Floating Floors

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is not a concern, until there is another very heavy object sitting on the flooring across the room.

Oh, so I can like nail down a portion of a floating vinyl plank and nothing will happen like as depicted in these photos? okie dokie. :)

vinyl buldge.jpg

vinyl gap.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see a nail?

It depends... The lock must have been compromised. Low spot. Beating it. Bad to begin with.

Doorway separation?

I was using the term "nail" loosely. No nail, just a counter top sitting on the allure preglued plank. Seperation in front of it.

I don't see a nail?

It depends... The lock must have been compromised. Low spot. Beating it. Bad to begin with.

Doorway separation?

I was using the term "nail" loosely. No nail, just a counter top sitting on the allure preglued plank. Seperation in front of it.

The counter is one of those open cheapie ones from IKEA. Could hardly be as heavy as a large fridge.

Not sure what so wrong with it if theres some slight movement. The paper/shingle build up method for nailing down hardwood has been an accepted practice since they been nailing wood down.

Tar paper and shingles don't compress and the floor is getting nailed down. If that cardboard compresses and its in a spot where it will get walked on you better believe those end joints will separate.

Tar paper and shingles don't compress and the floor is getting nailed down. If that cardboard compresses and its in a spot where it will get walked on you better believe those end joints will separate.

Ahhh,,,, The famous, if.

"If" it did, I would have gotten the call by now, since a guarantee it for as long as I'm breathing. The experiment is still in progress 7 years later.

Ahhh,,,, The famous, if.

"If" it did, I would have gotten the call by now, since a guarantee it for as long as I'm breathing. The experiment is still in progress 7 years later.

I would ask, have you ever tried to compress that cardboard? I have and it aint as easy as it has been presented.

I was flattening some out once for something...forgot:rolleyes:.....had to get my hammer and rub it down, stepping on it wouldn't do it. So yea, flatten it out first then it won't collapse on ya. :p

I was flattening some out once for something...forgot:rolleyes:.....had to get my hammer and rub it down, stepping on it wouldn't do it. So yea, flatten it out first then it won't collapse on ya. :p

I've done that exact same thing................ small minds think alike. :D

Latest posts

Back