Tony Stewart

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
I assume everyone is following the Tony Stewart wreck story. What do you think? I read this morning where one attorney thinks he will be indicted for manslaughter. They are basing it on the testimony from other drivers and fans who say that Ward was clearly visible, and that Stewart knew when you accelerate a Sprint car, it goes right. I can say, as someone who drove on a 1/4 mile dirt track, things are moving fast out there.
But Stewart is a hothead. He caused a wreck last year on a dirt track where a young woman driver got her back broken.
I know intentionally wrecking other drivers in NASCAR is common.
On the small dirt tracks, that can get you a visit in the pits from other drivers.
I can't see Stewart hurting someone on purpose, but maybe he was trying to throw mud all over Ward. I have seen that happen.

Hard to tell what's going to happen on this one. I read a news clip after seeing a brief announcement on the news. yesterday morning. I think he's going to be in pretty deep doo doo. I don't follow racing much, but this ought to be a career ending event. Lots of drivers have some anger issues, but he knows how wild a car can get when you open it up like that. It's one thing to stop your car and go over and get in another drivers face, but when a guy is out of his car, totally unprotected, you don't recklessly screw around like that. Too late, I guess. Pretty sad. He certainly didn't intent to hurt him, it was just a juvenile stunt gone terribly wrong. Still, this is going to be the worst thing that ever happened in his life. I bet he isn't sleeping well.

From the video you really can't tell what happened with Stewart's vehicle. He could have done it on purpose, didn't see the guy until it was too late, tried to turn but drifted (it is a dirt track), saw him and decided to "buzz" him, etc.

I view it as involuntary suicide.

If he gets indicted and goes to trial, I hope they don't get NASCAR fans on a jury. He doesn't have very many fans. I remember when he walked out in the middle of the track and threw a helmet.

I don't think he saw the dumbass kid cuz there was another car in front of him. Least that would be my testimony.

Latest posts

Back