View two windows side by side.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

In Remembrance
Smart Window or Snap, allows the user to view two windows side-by-side in Windows 7 without having to manually re-sizing either window. This is also useful if you don't want to use Alt-Tab between 2 windows. If you are running a different version of Windows such as Windows XP or Windows Vista and want a similar feature see Tip138.

http://www.computerhope.com/tips/tip101.htm

Downloaded to my photo imaging file folder but I get an error when I open it.

I downloaded it a second time and it still says the file has damaged media or incomplete download.
I have XP, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. The site only has one version to download and includes XP.

I might check out CNET and see if they have a download available.
Here's the pop up warning I get when trying to open it.

NSIS error on Winsplit download.jpg

The link you gave only loaded up part way...........and differnt amounts each time I tried to download it.
CNET download fully loaded, but CBS interactive window came up preventing me from running it.
Oldversion has the program and it worked first try.
If anyone else has issues like I had, try this download site.

http://www.oldversion.com/WinSplit-Revolution.html

I messed around with the program and tried to put Adobe PS on the left side and Irfanview on the right side of the monitor so I could view stereo images, but sompin isn't working now and I got to figure out why PS is screwed up.
The photoshop tools are not working on the same screen as the image, so I got to figure out how to un-do whatever it is that I did.
Neat program once I figure out how to use it.
Here's what Photoshop looks like now. I need to figure out how to undo this............. PS opens looking this way.
The tools do function, but the tool screen is now huge.
Don't have time now, but I'll mess with this later.

Winsplit and PhotoShop screen.jpg

Did you see the little box up on the left of the screen with the arrows ? you can put a few windows on there .

High, this should be be a perfect example. hee hee

Last edited by a moderator:
Working fine for me .

Yes, but you are one of those weird guys that actually reads the instructions.:D

Have you tried opening Photoshop and tossing it to a split screen?

So far, my PS screen still has the tool bar in a huge window and I can't get it to return to normal.

Winsplit separates the tool bar from the main PS page as if the tool bar is something that I actually want to have as a "splitscreen'
Irfanview and GIMP operate OK.

Last edited:
I don't have PS on the confuser anymore since i stopped making the coffee mugs.
Can you right click on the tool bar and delete it ?
PS: I didn't read the instructions , that requires ed-u-kation.

I don't have PS on the confuser anymore since i stopped making the coffee mugs.
Can you right click on the tool bar and delete it ?
PS: I didn't read the instructions , that requires ed-u-kation.

Nope, it doesn't have the red X on it anymore either. Here's what it looks like in a split screen with only Photoshop and the tool bar.
Winsplit treats the tool bar as the second window....... I can put the tool bar anywhere I want on the screen using Winsplit's control tab.
I'm betting this thin won't work with PS.
I might just reinstall PS to correct the problem.

Winsplit and PhotoShop screen.jpg

can you put two or more other screens on there ?

Shouldn't have to reinstall PS . try closing the Tool bar in PS before you open split screen .

can you put two or more other screens on there ?

Shouldn't have to reinstall PS . try closing the Tool bar in PS before you open split screen .

I can put two screens of Irfanview on at the same time but not two of PS.
.or, I can put one screen of PS and one screen of Irfanview on, but only the Irfanview side will resize.

Photoshop's screen will not resize at all no matter the combination of screens. Only the PS tool bar is controlled or affected by Winsplit's keypad. The Photoshop's image always remains full sized.

I will try putting PS's tool bar and history on the screen and see how those react.

Nope, with multiple tool and task bars on the screen, ALL of them blow up huge like the main tool bar did......... these others however did retain the red X.
...........but still, the tool bars are so large now it makes PS unusable.......... or at least very difficult because the tool bar needs to get lowered out of the way to view the image on the screen.

The same thing happened to Irfanview's tool bar, however once the screen was closed, Irfanviews tool bar returned to it's original size.
Even without Winsplit operating, PS's tool bar remains extra large. :confused:

Drats, that's why I liked the program....... a split window so I could see how much modification I was making to an image.

Yup.......... Not much can be done to make it work.
But If I'm careful tho, I can use the Winsplit to put Irfanview on the right side of the screen for my reference photo, and use PS under it for modifying the image... so I think it will still work.

Latest posts

Back