What brand of Nailer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I'm gonna be helping a friend install some 3/4 inch oak in his house, probably in a month.
He was going to buy a Porter Cable flooring nailer, but I told him that I'd ask you guys if one brand is better than the others. He's gonna sell it after we get done.
Is one brand better than another? ...........especially if he plans to sell it afterwards? He was going to give it to me in partial payment, but I don't need one.

I saw a great deal at lowes today
They were on clearance

image-221716144.jpg

image-3390554589.jpg

Thanks Don. He's definitely a Lows/Home Depot kinda guy.:D
He's looking for a nailer tho.
I'm wondering if he ought to look on Craig's list for a good one, then resell it there when the job is done.

Cleats or staples.................. a fun topic isn't it? :D I looked many years ago on that topic and it's funny how wood guys that both have 10 or 20 years experience will have totally opposite viewpoints on which is better.

He's looking for a nailer.

As a person who rarely does wood floors, i bought a gun from the dreaded HF. It now has shot down about 2000 feet and going strong. Throw away at 120!

As a person who rarely does wood floors, i bought a gun from the dreaded HF. It now has shot down about 2000 feet and going strong. Throw away at 120!
I know they have some great buys sometimes, but some of their stuff is crapola, and some is amazingly good stuff.
I bought a cheap air chisel. Took about a minute to cut a 3/8" bolt in half............. I gave the tool to a friend.
Then I bought a real one..... It took less than 2 seconds to cut the bolt in half using the same bit that I used on the first test.
He figures that he could get a fair percentage of his investment back after the work is complete.
I'll pass that idea on to him. He usually buys top end tools for everything. Once you get soured by a cheap tool or two, it's hard to get the nerve to try one again.

My dad hand nailed hardwood floors when I was a kid. He had arms like Popeye. Shoot, I hand nailed underlayment for years myself. C'mon highup, what's a little work?

I have a bostitch MII. Its a badass stapler. I'm rethinking staples and heavy gauge fasteners. An 18ga cleat can hold down anything and is best for exotic and very hard woods even stranded bamboo. A great all round machine.
I'll give ya 50% back on it when her done.

I have a bostitch MII. Its a badass stapler. I'm rethinking staples and heavy gauge fasteners. An 18ga cleat can hold down anything and is best for exotic and very hard woods even stranded bamboo. A great all round machine.
I'll give ya 50% back on it when her done.

Might be possible. I have no idea what reselling one of these is about.

Latest posts

Back