What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, framer52. The instructions that came with it said specifically to use putty, although I've seen that some of their models come with some sort of rubber thing that they put under instead.

As for the plumbing part, what do you guys think?

Yeah, silicone is suppose to be the new fad but I'll stick with my plumber's putty. Since the guys helped you with the plumbing on plumbingforums.com, I'll save my breath (fingers).

I got my next surgery orders for Monday 7/21 at 0700 hours. Doc said this repair will be his worst repair in 20 years, so expect lots of pain. Good thing he allowed me to stock up on Percoset's.

Because I'm gunna be down for at least a month, I drove out to the lake so I could flush toilets, pull weeds, and check on everything. I had a few drinks at the bar tonight and walked outside to see this sunset. Pretty cool IMHO.

7-15-14.jpg

Funny you mention this. This is the surgeon who referred me to the knee replacement doctor, so he won't talk bad about him. While at the office yesterday, I overheard this doc mentioning that both me and another patient in the next room were surgery repairs from the same knee replacement doctor....Hmmm...

Havasu, good luck on the surgery!
I wonder if if was the particular replacement part the surgeon used (I've heard some parts are defective or have problems) or something that surgeon did wrong.

I'll cross my fingers for you.

Meanwhile, I got it done and thus far it hasn't leaked. *knocks on wood* The S-trap is temporary until I can get up the nerve to go poking holes in the wall to properly vent it.
10534257_514077735391763_4794151004548069500_n.jpg

Last edited:
You know they make a vent that don't have to be taken out side. I can't remember the name of it right now but they are used in trailer houses and have a little check valve that lets the air out. Basically I think all you would have to do is put in a "T" where that elbow is and add some pipe and it on top.
I used on in my daughters house in a basement remodel.

Daris

You know they make a vent that don't have to be taken out side. I can't remember the name of it right now but they are used in trailer houses and have a little check valve that lets the air out. Basically I think all you would have to do is put in a "T" where that elbow is and add some pipe and it on top.
I used on in my daughters house in a basement remodel.

Daris

They are called Air Admittance Valves (aka AAVs). They are not allowed here (the state where I live). So I really do need to add an actual vent.

Floorist, I would be extremely pissed. I've actually had that happen with Bell South before and had problems with AT&T claiming there was nothing wrong on their end when it involved an elderly couple with mobility issues. We checked the voltage and there was nothing-- so it turns out it *was* on their end. Some idiot at the station forgot to flip a switch and left disabled octogenarians without phone service for a week.

I've had trouble with AT&T myself a few times and nothing got done until I started talking money and saying I wanted money taken off my bill to compensate me for the time I was without service. Then they suddenly decided to actually check the lines. It took me over an hour to even get in touch with someone from the part of AT&T that would send a technician out to fix landlines because they are moving over to cellphone stuff more.

In short: AT&T sucks but its the only landline service available to me.

LOL. I think he's going to be under a layer of floor if he doesn't fix the line. :p

Any luck on the landline yet, Rusty?

Got it fixed this morning. Turns out I know the tech they sent today. He gave me his private cell number and told me to just call him direct if we had any more problems.

Latest posts

Back