What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick, you'd think they would do background checks or something. All they require are proof of citizenship (birth cert & ID or SS card OR a passport) and the $120. People could probably come in with fake IDs and stuff to get it. It really seems like some sort of a scam to me in some ways. I don't think my brother's mooching friend would last at one of those jobs. He couldn't even last at McDonalds or Walmart bc he doesn't know how to listen. He can't follow simple instructions & feels the need to "correct" and argue with people when he doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

Floorist, I heard Sears is going out of business, have you heard the same? A friend of mine told me we should buy tools and stuff from it when they are on clearance sales. I'm very tempted. I was telling someone I don't care about jewelry, shoes, flowers, or any of that crap-- I want chocolate and power tools. LOL.

Spent most of my day troubleshooting my air compressor. Seems I have a bad pressure switch or a failing blow down bypass. Sometimes it works fine, other times the tank leaks down to zero pressure.

Ass.gif Ass.gif Spray soapy water on the connections........ if that doesn't show anything, you'll have a squeaky clean compressor.

Measure you top. I might have one from an old saw I burned up. If the extensions are moveable it might work.
The saw top is 20 inches. Sears don't know if they will get one, but if I send them $51. plus tax, they will send me one if they ever get one. (I was born at night, but not last night.)

I wouldn't buy anything from Sears, It is all junk from China ..
Their shop vacs suck............ and I'll never buy anything but Craftsman shop vacs. My current one gets used and abused to the extreme. It's over 10 years old and gets used on every job I'm at. It runs continuously during seam construction with my home grown version of the SeamerDown, and that's some heavy restriction during the process. I added motor brushes a couple months ago. Looks like crap but still works about the same as new.
My 19.2 volt drill/driver combo gets abused the same. It's probably 5 years old and performs like new. Original battery too.
Everything is from China....... Maybe that was a typo and you meant it came across the ocean on a Junk. :D My experiences with Craftsman stuff has been great. It's good stuff for the money.

Highup, sounds like you did well with that MacGyvering. I'd love to see a picture of it. I'm always impressed when people do stuff like that.
Well, here's some images for ya. It's a box with a saw. ..........not OSHA approved but it works great for vinyl laminate flooring. Cost me about $5 for the 1/4" aluminum and a few screws. I already had the saw, the plywood and the cork from a dumpster dive at the warehouse. Cork glued to the plywood gives a bit of sound control. Dense rubber instead of cork like horse mats would have been better but it isn't all that loud.
The aluminum plate you see in photo 3 was screwed onto the saw after I removed the original broken base plate. I re drilled and tapped the base plate screw holes in the saw body to accept larger 10/32 machine screws. After that I drilled holes in the plate to mount to the plate to the saw.
I cut a slot and routed a shelf (rabbit) into the 3/4 inch plywood table topfor the saw's new base plate to rest on............ that made the plate flush with the box.
The saw has a button to keep the saw running so you don't have to hold the trigger on. I set the trigger to the on position with that button, then used a multi-outlet switch as my off/on button to use the tool.
I need to try a more aggressive blade to see it it performs better (quicker) for long/rip cuts. For 5" wide boards it works good even with a fine tooth blade.
Now that it proves itself, it need some additions. A switch and maybe some Formica on the table top.................. and maybe some gold glitter. :D
Now it needs a name. I'm thinkin' Lamerdown 2018 XL.

Attachments

• 20180621_Box inside58 900.jpg
    20180621_Box inside58 900.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 30
  • 20180621_Box inside angle19 900.jpg
    20180621_Box inside angle19 900.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180621_Box top above38 900.jpg
    20180621_Box top above38 900.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20180621_Box top angle52 900.jpg
    20180621_Box top angle52 900.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 27
If you buy new Craftsman sockets, the 12 pt. are Chinese, the 6pt. are made in the US. The 6 pt. are hard to find but are much better, they won't round off bolt corners.

I agree. Have not seen the one from 2015. One was good, two and three not so much. This one did have some graphic violence.
The second one wasn't bad. Just lacked something. It was too long and I was tired so that didn't help. Original Jurassic Park I saw was on the big screen, so that had an influence too.
Most movies are better in the first version.
Unless it's a Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson flick. Those guys never disappoint me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back