What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19BD5468-E903-4F78-A7D4-1FF484D95BAD.jpeg

Got a big job today. Couple weeks ago I cut out 3 small area rugs. Two rectangles and an 8 foot circle. The rugs were shipped out to be surged. They showed up yesterday so I'm going to go "install" them today.
The house is one of two that I can see when looking south from a coastal headland. I've always wondered what the view was from down there. I found out yesterday that the million dollar view is really a 3 million dollar view........ the home is for sale. I think that's too cheap considering the view. It's a 30 minute drive to get there, so I guess I got me a two+ hour day. All in all, it's a $200 job, so it will help get me through next week with no work.

I talked to my sister on the phone briefly while she was going to Disney World. She got some sort of year pass deal (I don't want to know how expensive that was) so she could go multiple days. She ran in to a friend from San Antonio there. She will be driving through our area maybe Sunday and wants to meet up with us somewhere to grab lunch or breakfast.

I cleaned up after the dogs and cats again and talked to my best friend. Apparently his fiance's ex (who suddenly dumped her for no apparent reason a couple years ago- and whom she wants nothing to do with) came over to try to get her back. She said "No" so he forced his way into the house and was refusing to leave, claiming that she belonged to him and he didn't care if she had a fiance, he wasn't scared of him & she had no choice. When he found out that my friend left work and was speeding back to come kick his a$$ he ran away while saying my friend could meet him at the park for a showdown. My friend went there and the guy never showed up. The girl called the cops and my friend asked them for a "stay away" order and told them to tell the guy that if he came back to that house he would be a ghost. Cops came back to tell him they delivered the message and my friend has arranged to have other friends check in on her when she's home by herself and that one of the friends who works nearby will be able to leave work and go protect her if the guy is stupid enough to bother her again. My friend is going to contact someone to get an official full restraining order. The girl has enough anxiety already and was just starting to feel safe when alone in the house, but I'm sure now she won't feel safe.

Lee, that is a beautiful doggie.

Rusty, aw, cute little kid and it looks like she'll be able to grow into the chair a bit more. Glad she likes it.

I went outside to go for a walk and decided to go see how bad the barn has gotten. A lot more of it has collapsed. I will need to start salvaging stuff from it-- I procrastinated too long so some stuff can't be saved now. I managed to salvage a few pieces of extra siding for the house. There are more but I think they are pinned by the roof. If I can get up high enough, I may be able to cut some of them free and keep the pieces that are left in case we ever need to use them. There are also some pieces of roofing (used on the house) that I want to grab. It sort of looks like someone went in there and searched for things. There was a box that had been latched shut that was open and the contents were missing. It looks like it was done recently too because there was no dirt inside the box. We no longer have outside dogs to chase off trespassers and the cows aren't always around.

I also got some laundry done. Went to do a load of Mom's laundry and found the washing machine door open. My brother left a work shirt in the dryer and what I thought were clean underwear in the washing machine and then I realized they were dirty and one pair was full of crap (he hadn't even rinsed it). Apparently he had the runs the other day and didn't make it to the bathroom. So, I threw them out and washed Mom's stuff and then washed some of my clothes. I threw his work shirt on his bed. He hadn't even cleaned the lint filter so I had to clean it out. At least he hasn't been using the new microwave much so it is staying clean *knocks on wood*.

Some of the front room kitties got out again and came to snuggle me. I let them hang out for awhile before ushering them back into the front room. I feel bad about not letting them roam, but I worry if they stay out too long they will wander off and get killed. And the younger males have not been fully vaccinated yet.

I'll have to snag some pictures of the barn and how it looks inside and try to figure out how to salvage stuff. There is a bag of carpet remnants that I want to get to before it gets ruined.

We’ve had a rash of churches the last fiscal year..I think I’m up to about twelve mixed in with several other big jobs, we did the first and second floor of a nursing home just the hallways, part of that was a Shaw replacement they had to pay for, the ALF liked it so much they purchased the second floor (now they want two more buildings done) it is a 42 inch match Damask .
I just added several photos to my gallery if you’re interested

We’ve had a rash of churches the last fiscal year..I think I’m up to about twelve mixed in with several other big jobs, we did the first and second floor of a nursing home just the hallways, part of that was a Shaw replacement they had to pay for, the ALF liked it so much they purchased the second floor (now they want two more buildings done) it is a 42 inch match Damask .
I just added several photos to my gallery if you’re interested
I had one about 2 year period in the 90s that I did almost nothing but churches. I hated dealing with the committees.

I went outside to go for a walk and decided to go see how bad the barn has gotten. A lot more of it has collapsed. I will need to start salvaging stuff from it-- I procrastinated too long so some stuff can't be saved now. I managed to salvage a few pieces of extra siding for the house. There are more but I think they are pinned by the roof. If I can get up high enough, I may be able to cut some of them free and keep the pieces that are left in case we ever need to use them. There are also some pieces of roofing (used on the house) that I want to grab. It sort of looks like someone went in there and searched for things. There was a box that had been latched shut that was open and the contents were missing. It looks like it was done recently too because there was no dirt inside the box. We no longer have outside dogs to chase off trespassers and the cows aren't always around.

I also got some laundry done. Went to do a load of Mom's laundry and found the washing machine door open. My brother left a work shirt in the dryer and what I thought were clean underwear in the washing machine and then I realized they were dirty and one pair was full of crap (he hadn't even rinsed it). Apparently he had the runs the other day and didn't make it to the bathroom. So, I threw them out and washed Mom's stuff and then washed some of my clothes. I threw his work shirt on his bed. He hadn't even cleaned the lint filter so I had to clean it out. At least he hasn't been using the new microwave much so it is staying clean *knocks on wood*.

Some of the front room kitties got out again and came to snuggle me. I let them hang out for awhile before ushering them back into the front room. I feel bad about not letting them roam, but I worry if they stay out too long they will wander off and get killed. And the younger males have not been fully vaccinated yet.

I'll have to snag some pictures of the barn and how it looks inside and try to figure out how to salvage stuff. There is a bag of carpet remnants that I want to get to before it gets ruined.

Latest posts

Back