What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mom woke me up last night over something stupid. Couldn't get back to sleep for a few hours. Slept until almost 4pm. Still in zombie mode. Was late taking my meds so I'm still trying to clear the mucus. Tomorrow I need to go pick up an RX at Walmart & pick up an order of water and cat food at Samsclub.
Mom actually wants to go with me (we have masks & they have been scrubbing down the riding carts). I'm hoping to do something productive on Monday. I need to sleep at night and be awake during the day. Eyes are still dripping & crudding up & vision is still blurry. I have to blink a lot to read.

Mom's 70th birthday is coming up on Tuesday. I need to see about getting her some cupcakes or a cake or something. In honor of her birthday I suppose I should put on pants. LOL.

I saw a news article about police reminding people to put on pants before checking their mailboxes.

The dog, Princess, has pulled a bunch of blankets and pillows into a tall pile next to my bed so it's almost as high as my bed, and she's been sleeping on the pile & trying to steal more blankets to burrow under on the pile. LOL. She's on the pillow I use as a mouse pad right now.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Good luck with the drywall and mudding Tom! I'd love to see pics of the progress. I'm so very bored & I can't stream videos or audio stuff on my connection due to bandwidth restrictions.

Battery on my car died. Took it to Walmart. There was one month left on my free replacement warranty. Got a new one free, three month free replacement and two year prorated warranty. Better than a stick in the eye.

I built a wall today. First time. I think I did pretty good. It’s plumb, and in line with the large wall across the opening. Adding a 3 way switch so both doors have access to a light switch.

the wallhas to be a little unusual because the back is right where the furnace air filter goes. So I don’thave room for drywall. Iused 2x3’s except on the end. I’ll inlay either 1/4 inch lauan or 1/2 inch plywood and paint it white.Going to frame it for a 36 inch door. Opening is 37 1/2 so it should work. Honestly, I doubt I’ll ever put a door there.

taking entire week off to do drywall.

Attachments

• 53FEA883-9D20-43CB-BC2A-E7620D96F4AC.jpeg
    53FEA883-9D20-43CB-BC2A-E7620D96F4AC.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 23
  • 1D8A5AC6-4D10-45EE-AFE5-DDB7FF65E48A.jpeg
    1D8A5AC6-4D10-45EE-AFE5-DDB7FF65E48A.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 21
I don't know if I'd bury the Pex inside the walls. From what I've read it isn't rated for that many years, but I'm not a plumber and have never worked with the stuff.
I just had this conversation with my brother. He has pex from 1990 in the walls. Never was a problem. But personally, I’m putting my connections in accessible places, above a drop ceiling and behind an access panel

Battery on my car died. Took it to Walmart. There was one month left on my free replacement warranty. Got a new one free, three month free replacement and two year prorated warranty. Better than a stick in the eye.
How's your alternator charging? Bad batteries aren't good for them.

Glad it's you not me taping the drywall. I can't think of anything going wrong with Pex unless the connection wasn't done right. Not sure how it could be done wrong with the proper tool.

I'm sure I could find a way to do PEX wrong with the proper tool. LOL. Which is why I leave it to my friend who has better coordination.
I'm just waking up & am still sleepy.
Tom, the wall looks good thus far.
My friend sent me a picture, he took out the wall between his bathroom & the back room (which used to be a porch). He's going to fix up the floor and bump the washing machine & dryer back into that room. He moved them out because the floor was too unstable. First time he went in there he fell through it because it was rotted. I think he's waiting on me to buy him some plywood & transport it for him.
The 48" grab bar for Mom's bathroom arrived-- I knew it was 4ft from the description, but knowing that and seeing it in person are two different things. Mom looked at it and said "I can hang a lot of stuff on that". At least we don't have to worry about it not being long enough.
My brain is not wanting to cooperate with me so I'm going to try to nap until it's time to go to the store.

Did a restretch into a bathroom doorway this afternoon.... actually two doorways tucking to the new tile. Was going to do it a week ago, but when I stopped by to look, the guy hadn't removed the naplock metal.... he tiled right against it. It was part way under the tile on one end.
I called the tile guy to tell him to remove it...... and without damaging the carpet edge. able to stretch and tuck
I have no clue how he did it, but I sure as heck wasn't going to be the one breaking the tile.
I was surprised I was able to stretch it and tuck it.

Almost done with drywall mounting. Taped 5 joints and used fibafuse, a fiberglass tape, but not mesh. Bit my fingers bad so I had to use gloves. Lays flatter than paper. Lots more to do!

Highup, I'm glad the tile guy was able to remove the metal without damaging anything.
Tom, sorry about your fingers, but I'm happy you are making progress.

I lost my battle with procrastination again today. Just couldn't get myself motivated to do much but I did do a little cleaning in the kitchen. I did some sweeping in the hallway & kitchen & cleaned cat fur & dog fur off the HVAC vent cover. Need to find the new filters to change the filter out and then vacuum out any fur & dust on the inside of the cover.

The area rug near the refrigerator is ruined-- stuff spilled on it, so I need to bag it up and throw it out.

Mom wants me to set up a coffee maker in the kitchen somewhere & I'm not sure where to put it because it's too tall to fit under most of the cabinets & the spots where it can fit under are spots where it's likely to be in the way of cooking/prep & get knocked on the floor. She hasn't had coffee in a long time but she's suddenly having a craving for it.

It is a guy who did beer commercials.
Hey how much whiskey do you put in scrambled eggs? I found that a cup was pretty good.;)
The question should have read how much scrambled eggs do you put in a cup of whiskey. Makes a big difference. Actually none who would want to ruin a cup of good whiskey.

Yesterday was a complete waste for me. I woke up with abdominal pain radiating through my back and all the way down. Lying down made it worse. Took naproxyn and sat in the the bathroom for about an hour just to be safe. Went back to bed for awhile, started coughing nonstop. Took Delsym & Mucinex. Didn't work. Kept coughing, ran out of cough drops. Started sneezing. Took an allergy pill. Kept coughing violently, went to the bathroom & threw up the allergy medicine & water. Spent awhile in there coughing & throwing up. Found some cough drops (I'd set the bag in the bathroom) & went back to bed. Mom woke me up a couple hours later wanting food & got enraged that I wasn't feeling well & asked for a little time to wake up more so I wouldn't be tripping all over myself. Princess (the dog) decided she wanted me to get up so she sat at the end of the bed, whined at me, and wagged her tail when I showed signs of movement. I got up & re-heated some leftover stroganoff for Mom, went back to bed. Slept until she woke me up again- but she was trying to call my brother & hit the wrong number. Went back to sleep & didn't wake up until sometime after 3am. Mom said my brother made rice but was too sick to put it away & asked me to do it, so I scooped it into two containers & put them in the fridge. Checked the internet a bit and went back to sleep. Just waking up now after 4pm. Not as much coughing today & don't feel terrible. Just a little tired. I didn't eat anything at all yesterday so that will hit my stomach soon. Took my meds and have to wait 45 min before eating.
Mom said my brother had been coughing so badly his eyes were bloodshot & puffy. She put eye drops in his eyes for him. I'll check on him in a bit. I'm trying to wake myself up more.

Went to seal a couple seams in some Jonsonite commercial flooring today.
Last week the seams were invisible. Instructions on the sealer said to wait at least two hours, but they didn't advise of a maximum length to wait.
I can now insert a strip of poster board in the seam gap. :mad:
Now I might have to find an installer that heat welds.
Kinda ticked me off as the vinyl had been unrolled in the giving room for almost 2 days before I glued it and cut the seams.

I hoped you used a good acrylic based adhesive not a latex based one
We dont have any trouble with Jonsonite I googled, called Tarkett here which is normally one of the better flooring products, most layers would rather lay than other brands

Latest posts

Back