What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guys can you identify this seam tape? Stopped at the Habitat ReStore today and they had almost a full roll of seam tape for 4 bucks.
I got two two and a half quart painters pails for another two bucks.

Attachments

• PXL_20211229_004733680.jpg
    PXL_20211229_004733680.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 17
Okay guys can you identify this seam tape? Stopped at the Habitat ReStore today and they had almost a full roll of seam tape for 4 bucks.
I got two two and a half quart painters pails for another two bucks.

Was there a sticker on it and this is a pop quiz? 11 rows of adhesive. Orcon K40 or maybe even K20. I wanna say Orcon adhesive is a bit more on the orange side though. HD sold some Roberts stuff that looked like that. GT 350 or something like that. That stuff works all day long in apartments and new construction.

It does look like the XK 50 but it doesn't have as deep of an amber color to it like you said. I have some K20 that I bought for a seam redo and I have some XK 50. When I get back to the house in a little bit I'll compare them and see if the webbing or anything else helps to identify it.
It also looks like Robert's GT350 but it doesn't have the gold foil.
I don't know maybe it is Orcon..... I'll trying back in when I get back to the house in a half hour or so.
It was almost a full roll so there's no sticker on it. I pulled out a good arm's length and there's nothing else on it.

I was just listening to an ad on the radio. It's from a legal justice system that specializes in expunging criminal records.
The guy that spoke about the service stated that he was
"non legally involved for the past 12 years"
...well isn't that special.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2017-02-26-at-1.50.06-PM.png
    Screen-Shot-2017-02-26-at-1.50.06-PM.png
    369.4 KB · Views: 12
Jon, we did get the gold leaf package. To take things a step further I even told them I’m diabetic which gets you seated first for food service😏. Gotta know how to play the game, right. Starts off with a couple days of play in Vancouver before the train ride begins. When it starts we have a few different sight seeing tours including the Athabasca glacier tour, the glacier skywalk tour, the lake Louise tour, gondola ride and who knows what else all with a whole bunch of nights at different Fairmont hotels. I’m lookin forward to the trip. I’ve beat myself up enough over the years that I don’t feel bad when I splurge a little. Funny you mention a cruise cus I asked my wife if we should enjoy a cruise up to Vancouver as opposed to just flying up. Might as well go all the way if you’re gonna do it.

C.J. after you have done the Rocky Mountain Train you can come down here and see our version even though its not as flash but only a day trip from what I remember :)

Or you could try winter

Was there a sticker on it and this is a pop quiz? 11 rows of adhesive. Orcon K40 or maybe even K20. I wanna say Orcon adhesive is a bit more on the orange side though. HD sold some Roberts stuff that looked like that. GT 350 or something like that. That stuff works all day long in apartments and new construction.
I think you are right. There was a company that sold some under another name years ago that looked like Orcon. Can't remember the name.

I checked my new seam tape against the XK50 and the colors are wrong and yes it is way too light of a color. It's exactly the same width. A very similar tape, almost identical, even the webbing and the paper.

Believe it or not some of the stuff that HD sells ain’t too bad. Robert’s adhesive is decent and some of their seam tape wasn’t bad either. I think most of the negative thoughts with their decent products are due to the learning curve because they aren’t what one might use on a regular basis. If you’re not familiar with it then of course you’re not going to achieve stellar results.

Jon, one day I’ll make it to NZ. Right now, like all of you, I’m kinda just waiting for the world to settle back down again.

It's more of a light honey color it's not white. nothing at all like SU90.
Looks like nice tape and the webbing is as well constructed if not the same as Orcon. In 3 inches, there were 2 less bands of webbing..... But the actual webbing itself looked a tiny bit better than Orcon.
I keep getting patterned goods tossed at me so I've been using the cool glide, but for almost a full roll of this tape for 4 bucks it seems like a fairly decent deal..... I mean, for certain, I was not going to pass it up.
I'm trying to remember if I saw one of the shops in town that carried Capital tape. Next time I'm there I'll take a peek.

@Tile Tom what part of NC is your FIL in? I love me some NC. I’ll make it back there for good one day.

Lillington NC. Nice quiet little town.
After he retired from Ft. Drum he said he wasn't touching a snow shovel again! He packed up and bought a small house down here and loves it. We're a big motorcycle family and he likes to ride damn near year round.
He gets NY money coming in and pays south prices. I do notice everything here is a little cheaper... especially fuel!

I hope the rest of your vacation goes smoothly, Tom.

Staycations are my preference. Traveling always stressed me out. I like seeing new places but the packing, lugging stuff around, worrying about stuff getting stolen, actually having stuff get stolen, hotel sheets like sandpaper, hotel mattresses like rocks, having to share a hotel room with my snoring brother who had to sleep with the lights on/curtains open, and AC off so it's hot as hell. LOL.

Every time I saw the word Orcon I thought of Orca and pictured Shamoo at Sea World.

I'm up early. My ISP is continuing to miscalculate bandwidth. Had my computer off most of the day, phone on airplane mode, mom's computer was shut off, & my brother's computer has BitMeter and showed he wasn't using much data. It now says we've used over 120Gb. We are using less bandwidth than usual but it's taking more. Something is definitely wrong with their calculations.

I'm waiting for my mother to wake up and for her to decide whether or not she will act like an adult today.

Latest posts

Back