What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J
My stepson moved in with us "for a couple months". He has been here now for two years. Drives me nuts.
Get him a butterfly net, a kite making kit, a rock hammer and a fishing pole. Then let us know if anything sparks an interest in the outdoors.
.....and a topo map. Definitely a map.

Oregon has a couple rules that the general election doesn't.
They have our signatures on file.
.......not sure if they actually look. But they have em.

Attachments

• IMG_20240521_172517549.jpg
    IMG_20240521_172517549.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Gaming,
Sleepless night, 😳 son in-law is addicted to gaming 😡 …My bedroom is a loft, and my plan for the next sleepover is to bring sound proofing and close off the opening as best as possible, then store them under the bed before I leave. He’s a decent enough Maga nra guy, but the addiction is real……. Who has experience with any products ( as cheep as possible) thx ! Or rehab center 😜
Gaming NRA and MAGA? 😱. He hasn't gone full MAGA, that's why he's tolerable. 🤣

Sleepless night, 😳 son in-law is addicted to gaming 😡 …My bedroom is a loft, and my plan for the next sleepover is to bring sound proofing and close off the opening as best as possible, then store them under the bed before I leave. He’s a decent enough Maga nra guy, but the addiction is real……. Who has experience with any products ( as cheep as possible) thx ! Or rehab center 😜
If you like quiet.... GET THESE.
One of my best ever purchases. I mean for myself, these were life changing.
....and not just because my brother is full-steam-ahead anti-MAGA 😁
Proof that matter and antimatter can coexist. 😉
I've always had a hard time concentrating with anything but near absolute quiet, especially when working on my flooring layouts.
These recharge in minutes and don't need recharging for days. I love em.
The sound quality is fantastic with videos or music. Getcha a pair.
If a meteor landed in my living room, I wouldn't hear it....I'm not joking!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240522-105540.png
    Screenshot_20240522-105540.png
    297.6 KB · Views: 0
Thx ! Can you sleep with those headphones ?
No, but you can listen with your face facing up. Turning sideways wouldn't really work.
I looked up headphone reviews on YT and a lot of guys liked these, even better than much more spendy Sony headphones. I checked out a lot of reviews. They had a newer Q45 but they still liked these a little more.
Neighbors lawnmower bugging ya?
.....not no mo. Soft memory foam around the ear also. "On the ear" don't work as well as "over the ear". If these ever broke, I'd buy another set. I wouldn't look for something "better"

I done did my duty. As a proud Democrat, I voted like most of my comrades probably did.
There wasn't a bio or photo of Marianne in the voters pamphlet, but I'm putting my full trust in her and doing my part to elect the first female (I'm assuming/no photo either) president in US history.
Well, 12% of Oregon voters voted for someone other than Biden or voted for an independent.
8% of Republicans voted for someone other than Trump.
I don't know where Kennedy fits into this.

I wonder if they have hybrid generators that can be charged via electricity (be it from wind turbine, solar, or grid) that can also run off propane and gas. That would be the ideal. Propane tanks can rust and leak (seen it happen). Having extra fuel options is a good idea IMO.

We have a whole house switch on the meter pole so we can shut off grid power, but a tree has grown in the way and I need to cut it.

I've abandoned the idea of a whole house surge protector for the subpanel in the pump house. Decided a sub panel there would be good so I can shut off power to each pump individually. Already bought the panel and the breakers. I think I have the inside grade 10/3 cables and am considering getting the outside rated. But I also want to get some conduit to run stuff. Need a few more fittings to get my well system updated. I already have an 1-1/4" SS pipe and street elbow on the inlet side of the pump. Need to get some 1" SS for the outlet side. I think what I will do is have a straight pipe coming out the top, have a street elbow, an SS check valve, and then bridge to PVC or PEX. Since my shutoffs and water out to the house reduces to 3/4" I can tie in with an adapter. My tank tee can have 1"female threaded or 3/4" male threaded attachment. I figure that is a good spot to reduce to 3/4". Although, I am trying to figure out where to add a 3/4" shut-off in. It's complicated. LOL. I'm working on a sketch right now.

Headphones and microphone

I wonder if they have hybrid generators that can be charged via electricity (be it from wind turbine, solar, or grid) that can also run off propane and gas. That would be the ideal. Propane tanks can rust and leak (seen it happen). Having extra fuel options is a good idea IMO.

We have a whole house switch on the meter pole so we can shut off grid power, but a tree has grown in the way and I need to cut it.

I've abandoned the idea of a whole house surge protector for the subpanel in the pump house. Decided a sub panel there would be good so I can shut off power to each pump individually. Already bought the panel and the breakers. I think I have the inside grade 10/3 cables and am considering getting the outside rated. But I also want to get some conduit to run stuff. Need a few more fittings to get my well system updated. I already have an 1-1/4" SS pipe and street elbow on the inlet side of the pump. Need to get some 1" SS for the outlet side. I think what I will do is have a straight pipe coming out the top, have a street elbow, an SS check valve, and then bridge to PVC or PEX. Since my shutoffs and water out to the house reduces to 3/4" I can tie in with an adapter. My tank tee can have 1"female threaded or 3/4" male threaded attachment. I figure that is a good spot to reduce to 3/4". Although, I am trying to figure out where to add a 3/4" shut-off in. It's complicated. LOL. I'm working on a sketch right now.
Do some research about running cables through conduit. I electrical code that says only single wire strands through conduit, not wrapped wires like regular house wiring. I think that's because of possible heat buildup.

Do some research about running cables through conduit. I electrical code that says only single wire strands through conduit, not wrapped wires like regular house wiring. I think that's because of possible heat buildup.
That is a good point. I got 3/4" LiquidTite flexible non-metallic conduit. Could I just take the sheathing off of the wires and tape their ends together (so the stay together) or twist them together to make them act as one cable without sheathing? NVM. The electrician who posted a video on Youtube told me not to twist the wires together and said to use the gray sheathed cables inside the conduit. I have 25' of the gray cable stuff. I'll pull all the orange and other colored stuff out and put it in storage.

Looking at the pics again, I'm not certain where the electrical is coming in. There are two pipes coming out of the ground. I think stuff goes down underground from one to go to other areas but I can't remember which, so I'll have to check and make sure.

Edit: I was wrong about the wire I have. I have 15' of indoor romex. oops. Need to see if I have some of the right kind lying around in workshop, sheds, etc.

and now I can't remember if I need 10/3 with ground or 10/2 with ground.

Last edited:
For 120v it would be10/2. For 240v, it would be 10/3, obviously depending on length. My last 240v run I used 8/3, but probably should have used 6/3, but I would have needed to upgrade my conduit to a larger size.

Thanks. Its 230v. I think it is 10/2 with ground. I got a screenshot from a video on how to replace a pressure switch. Two in, two out, and a ground. Think this might be 12awg in the video but I suck at determining sizes. Its wired wrong (wires not in right spots and aren't wrapped around) so no wonder this was a burnt out switch.
1716862783182.png

Picked up RX and then sweet feed for the cows. Cut open the sweet feed bag and put it out. Called the cows and parked. Kwaiying came over to me not knowing where the food was so I led her over to it. As soon as she spotted it she started jogging.

Tomorrow morning I need to go out and start getting together all of my fittings from the truck and making sure I have everything.

I see a blk/red/green and the ground (white), which is consistent with a 220/230/240 volt. Voltage varies by about 5%. So, in this case you'd need a 10/3 wire.
Yes, you barely have any contact with the black wire. Bend them in the direction that you screw the bolt into.

I see a blk/red/green and the ground (white), which is consistent with a 220/230/240 volt. Voltage varies by about 5%. So, in this case you'd need a 10/3 wire.
Yes, you barely have any contact with the black wire. Bend them in the direction that you screw the bolt into.
To clarify, that is not my switch. That is one from a video of how to change out the switch.

According to my pump's specs it is set at 230v by default. The red, black, and green on that picture are coming from the pump. The other wires are from inside the gray sleeve. So its 2 wires plus ground. The person replacing the switch noted that whoever had wired it before, did it wrong on that switch. So, 10/2 with ground in gray sleeve is what is needed.
1716935464880.png

Looks like my friend can't work on the pump and stuff until Monday. Weather is supposed to be clear then. Hopefully there won't be any problems. Truck can get worked on this Thursday though.

Went to the post office for mail this morning, got food from a local place to bring home.

And I sent Havasu the pic of the tree on the line on my way into town. Explains why the power was out. Took Gravy Jones to the vet to have his eye looked at. Its swollen shut. Eye is fine but it has an abscess above it that is draining into the eye. Poor baby doesn't like it. He got antibiotics and was sent home. Will have to bring him back if it gets worse. Crew was on the road and had cleared the tree when I was driving back in. Power came back on sometime after 4:30 I think.

UPS changed their delivery time for the jet pump to "by 8:30pm". I doubt they will deliver today. Probably won't deliver tomorrow either if it keeps raining. They will say they couldn't deliver bc of weather. But, can't get it installed until Monday so moot at this point but still annoying.

Latest posts

Back