What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some washer hoses have dates on them, near 10 years old I put on my paperwork and verbally tell customers to replace. Sometimes I do it voluntarily. Whenever something isn’t quite right it’s on paperwork.

I’m really tired of rickety crap, dryer vent ducts, broken toilet flanges, valves that don’t shut.

Some washer hoses have dates on them, near 10 years old I put on my paperwork and verbally tell customers to replace. Sometimes I do it voluntarily. Whenever something isn’t quite right it’s on paperwork.

I’m really tired of rickety crap, dryer vent ducts, broken toilet flanges, valves that don’t shut.
The same way here, if I see something the customer knows about it even if it has nothing related to floor covering. I know a lot of people of electrical outlets that are loose. Sometimes a ground plug will hold something into a loose plug and make it feel tight. When I plug in one of my tools into a plug-in and it will hardly stay there I try to scare them to death with visions of fire and flames. Poured a heart for my wood stove and that night the heater would not come on. Over the next few days I'd taken the brains out of my forced air furnace and took it to a local heating shop. They said it tested out fine.
I needed to get some heat in the living room so I put a space heater on my new hearth, and the side of the safest place to plug it in would be my old range.... Remember the ones that had the plug-in built into the upper half of the range where the knobs were? Anyway I figured this was the safest place to plug it into. Half an hour later for some stupid reason I reached over and checked out the plug to be sure it was tight and it was hot. I pulled the plug out of the outlet and the plastic was so soft that I can squeeze it and make the metal plugs wiggle back and forth.
After it cooled off I plugged it into the outlet that was directly behind where my wood stove was going to go. Half hour later switched on high it was ever so slightly warm.
Anyway when I see an outlet that has a loose connection, I promptly let the homeowner know not to hook a space heater up to that outlet and explain why. We notice those things and sometimes because we're the new guys in the house. The homeowner is either used to this or it's on a place they never look like you mentioned, with the washing machine hoses and the dryer vents. They never see that stuff.
I went up to visit my mother in Vancouver at Christmas time many many years ago and we decided to do some weatherization stuff inside. Cold air was coming up through the cavity in the wall with the fawcetts to the washer. When I took a peek back to look at it one of the hoses had a bubble about the size of a dime. I don't think it would have lasted another week if not just a day.
It's a benefit to us too because what a homeowner sees you bring up stuff like that they know that you care about their home. It's a win-win.

Was putting underlayment and vinyl in a kitchen, When I unplugged the electric stove, fire shout out of the outlet. Tenant was in a wheelchair, so I did not plug it back in. I explained it to her and she was grateful. Not so, the landlord. She refused to pay me. She said I should have plugged it back in anyway. The electrician who fixed it did not get paid either.

Was putting underlayment and vinyl in a kitchen, When I unplugged the electric stove, fire shout out of the outlet. Tenant was in a wheelchair, so I did not plug it back in. I explained it to her and she was grateful. Not so, the landlord. She refused to pay me. She said I should have plugged it back in anyway. The electrician who fixed it did not get paid either.
😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
........sorry, but that's the best response I can give.

Flaming bag of poop on her porch. Maybe not just once.

Clearly this kid did it wrong.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-worl...y-arson-for-flaming-bag-of-dog-poop-on-porch/

I maintain slapping my wife’s ass, just a habit.

Chris, your tight ass should’ve broken that wooden spoon.

I’m trying to pay my quarterly taxes(first time ever) it’s a real struggle to actually do it, I have so many other things I need to do. I washed a check from a retailer, (turned to mush only 1 hour into 2.5 hr process that I’m still not satisfied with)then looking for my checkbook I find another check from the 14th. I think I’ve overpaid taxes for years just by my inability to keep track of everything(receipts etc)

Attachments

• 67FBC369-6924-4A5B-8F16-9CD24897E15E.jpeg
    67FBC369-6924-4A5B-8F16-9CD24897E15E.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 14
Looks like I have some shop time ahead of me. Need a part for my big band saw and it is discontinued. More fun to make it myself anyway. Highup knows what I mean. I have manufactured a lot of parts in my time. Recently made parts and rebuilt my 12" variable speed bandsaw. No one makes a variable speed one anymore and it comes in handy for furniture making.

Finally going to get out camping next week. 2 vacations canceled this year, one because of the hacking attack in March and the other because of tests before cataract surgery. Going to Cherry Springs state park next week. Darkest site on east coast. Rewired telescope and bought new computer. Hoping to get some good images.

Finally going to get out camping next week. 2 vacations canceled this year, one because of the hacking attack in March and the other because of tests before cataract surgery. Going to Cherry Springs state park next week. Darkest site on east coast. Rewired telescope and bought new computer. Hoping to get some good images.
Good luck, Tom.

Sometimes a guy ought to put things away.
Since I did the upper a-arm bushings and installed new brakes and a ball joint I left a c-clamp outside. It was rusty then, and it's rusty now. Not horribly just some surface rust.
If you hit Rusty things with a wire brush it looks like they've been wire brushed. When you go electric it turns out a whole lot nicer. I remade the Derusto 2018 and I'm cooking the c-clamp with my 1960s Sears battery charger.
The five gallon bucket has four pieces of half inch steel rod that are connected to the positive terminal of the charger and the c-clamp is suspended in the solution of choice and connected to the negative side.
It's pulling a strong 8 amps at 12 volts and I think I'm producing enough hydrogen to build a miniature scale Zeppelin.
This is the c-clamp before and in a half hour we'll see how much nicer it looks.

Attachments

• PXL_20210802_144956117.jpg
    PXL_20210802_144956117.jpg
    572.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back