What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took some underlayment and a few tools to my next Marmo job this afternoon. The floor was soft, so I was gonna cut it open and see what damage I needed to prepare for. I neglected to bring my Fein tool. Wishing I had grabbed it. The walls are done in 3/4" cedar and behind the "base" the bottom of the wood is as bad as the floor.
I don't know how bad, because I couldn't cut out the damaged wood to see what lies behind it.
That's Mondays job. Once it's opened up, I'll let the homeowner know if it's beyond my comfort level. If so, I'll pack up my tools and head home.
I think the old window leaked. It's dry as dry gets.

Attachments

• PXL_20220226_232219398.jpg
    PXL_20220226_232219398.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20220226_231857818.jpg
    PXL_20220226_231857818.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20220226_233707777.jpg
    PXL_20220226_233707777.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20220226_233633270.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220226_233633270.MP.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20220227_000327527.jpg
    PXL_20220227_000327527.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 19
Here ya go CJ. She's pretty damn smart. Great sense of humor too.
Watch from the beginning. She doesn't get to her rear end til the 6:00 point.

Watchin those kind of shows is kinda like watching the news for me, I’m not really paying attention to what they’re saying as much as I’m checking out the host. I’ll bet they already know that though. There ought to be a new channel, (dirty old man) DOM TV. How about a naked cooking show with some cute little thing wearing nothing but an apron. I’d watch that too.

We were scheduled for a sunrise hot air balloon ride today. How cool is that. Got up early so we could be at the airport by 6. Bout 6:10 the coordinator shows up and says the trip is canceled due to unsafe flying conditions. Too windy at 1400’. That sucks but we roll with it. Decided to change plans and have breakfast at my dads favorite restaurant. As soon as we get there I gotta go tend to business now. That got me thinkin, what would I do if I was in the balloon and had to go bad? Would I say sorry, shit happens. Would a turd from 1400’ knock someone out? Maybe even kill someone. Would it crack a windshield? Would the airlines be blamed? Aliens? These are questions I don’t know the answers to so today I’ve been pondering things. What would you do?

We were scheduled for a sunrise hot air balloon ride today. How cool is that. Got up early so we could be at the airport by 6. Bout 6:10 the coordinator shows up and says the trip is canceled due to unsafe flying conditions. Too windy at 1400’. That sucks but we roll with it. Decided to change plans and have breakfast at my dads favorite restaurant. As soon as we get there I gotta go tend to business now. That got me thinkin, what would I do if I was in the balloon and had to go bad? Would I say sorry, shit happens. Would a turd from 1400’ knock someone out? Maybe even kill someone. Would it crack a windshield? Would the airlines be blamed? Aliens? These are questions I don’t know the answers to so today I’ve been pondering things. What would you do?
C.J, did they tell you to take hat?
We went years ago with another layer who had a couple of hot air balloons it surprised me how quickly it took off
He got rid of them when all this health and safety came in. He also had trouble getting the wind in the correct position as Auckland has too much water around it and didnt want ending up swimming

Nope. It's a nice place on premium real estate. Just looked at the accessed values and about $600,000. Assessed values are typically a lot less than what they could sell for. Not everywhere has a view of the ocean and a River entrance like this. It's got a pretty big yard otherwise the view would be even better.
Just around the corner a quarter mile away is a stairway down to the beach from a public parking lot.
There's a purple dot on one image and a little blue or turquoise square on the other. This shows the location of the home.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220227-211616.png
    Screenshot_20220227-211616.png
    539.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20220227-211759~6.png
    Screenshot_20220227-211759~6.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20201222_153810.jpg
    IMG_20201222_153810.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20201222_153856.jpg
    IMG_20201222_153856.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 17
We went years ago with another layer who had a couple of hot air balloons it surprised me how quickly it took off
He got rid of them when all this health and safety came in. He also had trouble getting the wind in the correct position as Auckland has too much water around it and didnt want ending up swimming
Swimming is good exercise Jon. I suppose it could be enjoyable if the water is warm.
.....and think about the stories he could tell. 😁

Note to self:
No hot air balloon rides.
Never watch balloons from a close distance.

We had beanies and gloves cus I’m sure it’s cold up there. I’ll have to reschedule the trip cus I was really looking forward to it. I’ll just have to start drinking my coffee sooner next time.

No the heat from the flame could heat up your bald spot :)
Its funny that a ballon is looked on as a plane, Dave had to get special glasses so they would not break, were not allowed to use mobile phones even though he used the phone to make sure there were no Airforce planes operating as we were fairly close to their airport instead of using a radio. Dave was a carpet layer as well as a hot air pilot as if you enjoy your flight you could always take up flying balloons:)
This was his site but he doesnt even live at Auckland anymore
https://www.fyple.co.nz/company/balloon-safaris-nz-l7hkzs/

Thanks. I'm feeling better today. Friend worked on my computer yesterday. Transferred the parts from a donated pc (had everything except the hard drives). Friend cloned my drives. Unfortunately, the liquid cooling unit doesn't work and my old one is kaput & doesn't have the right brackets for a the Intel 1156 slot (my old mainboard had AMD processor). So, I'm shopping for a new cpu cooling unit. Not going with liquid bc those seem to die out faster. Debating between coolermaster and thermaltake ones right now. thermaltake has one on a low price though.

Can't really see how well stuff transferred on my pc bc it won't stay cool enough. May need a new chassis entirely but hoping I won't.

Can't find either of my drivers for my two Matrix cordless drills. Not sure wtf happened to them. I think my friend had one and lost it (or it got stolen by people coming in and out of his house). I see they now have a hammer drill attachment that can be used in regular mode for $40. I may snag one just to have a more complete set of attachments. I'm also looking at the Matrix drills that have an LED and come with the missing attachment. I really want both the hammer drill and the unit with LED. I think it's $50 for the latter. (One can never have too many tools, IMO).

Man, you wouldn't catch me with tight pants like those girls in the videos. I'd be constantly trying to pull the seams out of my crack. LOL. I wore fairly tight pants as a teenager but never that tight. I'd look awful in them now.

Today we took Boo to get his IV removed. Vet took a break between surgeries to check on him and said she was happy to see how well he's doing. He groomed himself, he's eating a little bit, he's drinking tons of water, he's wanting to run around and climb. He literally ran in the kitchen to try to go outside. He jumped up on a chair and is feeling so much better. Mom actually picked him up, stumbled a few steps, then shouted for me to come help her because he's too heavy for her to carry without falling over. I put him in my brother's room.

Awww. What a cute bird. Photogenic too. Seems he likes you from the look he's giving you.

Mom was being flakey earlier but calmed down eventually. Ordered a new cpu cooler and some of the gel/paste to seal it.

Boo escaped outside briefly but came back in looking for food. I put out the good food that they like and he ate a little of it. First dry food he's eaten in days. He also ate some treats. He's in Mom's room right now.

When the bird got on my shoulder it started making kind of a purring sound and she told me "i think he likes you" She initially said sometimes he bites real hard like he wants to kill you and other times he's fine. That made me feel just great while he's perched right next to my ear lobe.

800 sq ft of cortec SPC. Move furniture, R & R baseboards, R & D laminate......... 5 hours!!

Planets were aligned for me on this one. All door jambs were already under cut and reused the oak reducers. Material was 9" wide x 6' long. No prep on the damn near perfect subfloor!! Wish all my jobs were that good.

I could see the look on the customers face when I asked for my check. It said this is a big number for 5 hrs of work. 😂

Latest posts

Back