What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost forgot, today I learned Columbo, Peter Falk, has a glass eye. I love that show and I never new that tidbit until today.
I could never see him the same once I found that out. It's very distracting------even though I had no idea until I read it. I just though he had an odd expression on his face as part of his character acting.

The glass eye thing never bothered me. Even though I knew about it I didn't think about it while watching him. And I still recommend Murder By Death.
It also has Peter Sellers, Maggie Smith, Alec Guinness, and Truman Capote.

Fixed my towel rod (or did I mention that already?) Didn't even need power tools.

Fed the cows.

Went to the store with my brother and met up with our friend for some grocery shopping. He was out of food & his paycheck hasn't landed yet. Brother cooked for me when we got home and I cooked for Mom.

That sucks, but plenty of father son time. What did you talk about ? and I hope follow up work is not needed.

I read your post in Photo topic about your son writing a book. Very impressive !
No, I wrote the book, but my son, who is autistic, has a IQ somewhere above 160. He knows a lot about everything. My book is on Kindle "Tremors From My Mind" . Free to read if you have Kindle unlimited. It is a collection of horror short stories.

Rusty, with a high IQ that your son has, would that be considered Aspurger's (sp?)

My computer tech who polishes up my computers has Ashburger's and damn, he is sharp as a tack!

I apologize for not knowing more, but im trying to learn.

Rusty, with a high IQ that your son has, would that be considered Aspurger's (sp?)

My computer tech who polishes up my computers has Ashburger's and damn, he is sharp as a tack!

I apologize for not knowing more, but im trying to learn.
Yes he has Aspergers, but they no longer call it that. Now they just call it "being on the spectrum". He can't handle being around people.

I'm in the same boat as Havasu. I must be "on the spectrum" too. :p In all seriousness, I do know people with Aspergers. It's considered a milder form. Makes for social awkwardness to inability to deal with people depending on the severity. I also had a friend (lost contact) who had more severe autism and didn't speak until she was about 9 years old. She knew how to speak, she just had no interest in it. Last I heard, she was working on brain studies at Caltech.

Rainy day so I stayed in and rested. Ate an orange, cooked for Mom, fed the kitties. My brother cooked for me. Chatted online with my friend about future renovations to his house. I'm going to do some sketchup stuff for him.

Saw this online and it made me laugh.
1706314032849.png

I miss Sbarro's. Back in the 80s they had the best crust but their sauce kinda sucked. When I came back from overseas in the 2000s the sauce was good but the crust sucked. Not really a big pizza person anyway.
My brother worked at the local Pizza Hut. The quality of the pizza depended on who was working that day & who was making the pizzas. If his boss was in, the marinara sauce would be watered down and nasty. My brother made good marinara sauce and pretty good pizzas. I still don't like pizza crust though.

I miss Sbarro's. Back in the 80s they had the best crust but their sauce kinda sucked. When I came back from overseas in the 2000s the sauce was good but the crust sucked. Not really a big pizza person anyway.
My brother worked at the local Pizza Hut. The quality of the pizza depended on who was working that day & who was making the pizzas. If his boss was in, the marinara sauce would be watered down and nasty. My brother made good marinara sauce and pretty good pizzas. I still don't like pizza crust though.
My stepson has managed a Pizza Hut and a Dominos. He says the problem is they both put on fewer toppings that they are supposed to use. Best pizza I ever had was a local chain in KC, Fun House.

Best pizza I ever had
Speaking of pizza, a few weeks ago, watching the Eagles get their wings clipped 😡 at the local pizza pub. I ordered a Cauliflower crust ( gluten free) with green peppers, onions and pepperoni. It came out looking deliciously different, but I dug in hard. Each bit was better than the last and that’s because it wasn’t gluten free and My brain and taste buds lit up with enjoyment for 5 hours. Then my buttocks lit up after that 🥲

she was working on brain studies at Caltech.
Speaking of the brain, a good friend just had a stroke 😡 So I googled around and bumped into a Ted Talk …. Give a listen, very interesting 🤔….. Remember my short story about extreme opposites and conflict 🤪 Well now we have a pretty good clue WHY ! …..Right brain hemisphere controls our connectivity with the world around us. The Left side does all the analysis 🧐 If we have an imbalance, it only stands to reason that our views may get Skewed up 😉 and require power stretching straight 😜

Latest posts

Back