What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power went out last night. Had to shut down my computer and call the power company's automated system. Landline is still down so I had to hold my phone near the window behind my headboard. I went to shut down my brother's computer so it wouldn't get messed up but it was already off. Had to let Mom know the power was out bc the UPS keeps her cpap running. Senator Snugglebum decided to be an ass and ran into her room and got to a spot where I couldn't get him out. At least with the quiet in the house I could hear Lady Sylvanas purring from 5' away. My UPS kept one fan on for a few hours so I napped with air blowing on my face. It eventually ran out of battery before power came back on. Stagnant air didn't help with respiratory crud.

Finally came back on close to 5am. Mom got up before 8am. I went out around 8am & got her something to eat and I had some tomato soup. I'm thinking of eating an orange. We got a bunch of them recently.

Currently under a pile of cats. I don't think its raining but it is cloudy and blech outside right now.

Back on the brain, has anyone heard from Roger ? I wonder if he was lucky enough to regain more function. It took 8 years for the woman in the Ted Talk to fully recover. Did anyone watch the Talk I posted a few days ago ?

I'm waiting for high winds and rain. I don't trust the weather people. I believe most is going 50 miles south of here. It's 9 pm, 55 degrees, zero rain, zero wind..... I mean ZERO wind all day. We had an 7 mph GUST at 8:16 this morning. Barometer has been dropping since noon.

All I did the last 10 years I worked was empty apts. and empty houses for a flipper. I had 4 apt. complexes.
In 4 days, we have 3 rooms done and vacuumed up. Two were flops, the 20 foot room had a 6 foot seam. 😁
Tomorrow we're moving furniture in 4 bedrooms, doubling up the tackstrip, padding and getting the carpet laid on place for the other two bedrooms.
We have 4 doors to cut and 14 doors to hang.
We're poking along because it's less than 10 minutes from town, nobody lives there and nobody cares how long it takes.... Including us. 😁
There are 15 stairs and a 10 by 24 foot "hallway" between the 4 upstairs bedrooms. The whole job is about $2000. I haven't had but one job measure in two weeks so this is a huge supplement to keep up with my bills.
On top of that, the pace is enjoyable and the view across the road is a 500' river .....still in tidewater. Lots of cows, hundreds of seagulls... AKA: flying rats

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240130-210806~2.png
    Screenshot_20240130-210806~2.png
    925.5 KB · Views: 0
....it's been 68 for almost 2 1/2 hours....
That's typical daytime temperatures in the summer, not nighttime hours in the winter.
Wind did bump to 19 at one point.

Back on the brain, has anyone heard from Roger ? I wonder if he was lucky enough to regain more function. It took 8 years for the woman in the Ted Talk to fully recover. Did anyone watch the Talk I posted a few days ago ?
Yes I am walking with a cane, brain function is OK (well) not according to my daughter. I am doing an occasional inspection to keep from boredom! Retirement is going well.

Yes I am walking with a cane, brain function is OK (well) not according to my daughter. I am doing an occasional inspection to keep from boredom! Retirement is going well.

OMG 😱 🍾 HELLO 👋 Roger ! great hearing from you. How long has it been since your episode ? Life as we know it today is not guaranteed for us tomorrow. I’m so glad you got the care needed to recover, and I bet you look great with a cane 😀

Are you comfortable taking about some of the process and road to recovery ❤️‍🩹 A friend just got hit with one last week 😡 🥲

OMG 😱 🍾 HELLO 👋 Roger ! great hearing from you. How long has it been since your episode ? Life as we know it today is not guaranteed for us tomorrow. I’m so glad you got the care needed to recover, and I bet you look great with a cane 😀

Are you comfortable taking about some of the process and road to recovery ❤️‍🩹 A friend just got hit with one last week 😡 🥲
It has been 3 1/2 years, July 2020. I retired May1,2020 and had the stroke July 2 2020! A stroke is all about nerve damage/muscle control. The thing that helps restore nerve control is repetitive use! So physical therapy is key to rehabilitation, I go twice a week. I also have set up some PT exercises in my office that I do once or so a day. Is my expectation to be 100% again? No but I do have quality of life again! My vision and hearing were affected on my left side so I have some impairments which do not allow me to drive. My middle daughter moved home to help my wife and I, she has become my driver.

It has been 3 1/2 years, July 2020. I retired May1,2020 and had the stroke July 2 2020! A stroke is all about nerve damage/muscle control. The thing that helps restore nerve control is repetitive use! So physical therapy is key to rehabilitation, I go twice a week. I also have set up some PT exercises in my office that I do once or so a day. Is my expectation to be 100% again? No but I do have quality of life again! My vision and hearing were affected on my left side so I have some impairments which do not allow me to drive. My middle daughter moved home to help my wife and I, she has become my driver.
Glad to hear that you are recovering. That walking with a cane is a pain, but at least it allows us some mobility.

Inspect1, I'm sorry you had a stroke but glad you are recovering and that your daughter is helping.

I'm back to taking Mucinex to try to get rid of the mucus. It was the consistency of natto strings earlier and was stuck in the back of my throat and I was pulling it out with both hands and gagging.

I did some cleaning in the kitchen and have the sink cleared out, but still need to clean up around it.

Refrigerator came in to Lowes for my friend so I'll be taking him up there to get it after I do my curbside pickup at Walmart.

Dumpster SCORE!
Dropped off some stuff at the warehouse yesterday. There was a 1 1/2 inch hydraulic hose sticking up..... Nothing at the warehouse uses something that big. Just one Hyster.
Anyhow, I hoisted myself up to look at it... and these were scattered around on top of the carpet and pad rolls. They have never been used.... No scuffs on the tires, no sign of a bolt being tightened.
I don't need them.....
....but I got em in case I find a use. I searched and can't find this exact caster anywhere.
Anything similar is pushing $30 each.
This is 17lbs of FREE to me.

Attachments

• IMG_20240203_191624832_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240203_191624832_HDR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240203_191723950.jpg
    IMG_20240203_191723950.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I missed this Roger. I've been slacking at reading everything here.
Glad your recovery is doing well. My brother had a stroke at 41. He's approaching 68. I'm approaching 67 😳
It took him a few years to recover. He's smarter than me and always has been. The only lasting effect he has is a severe case of bad political affiliation. 🤣

r. He's smarter than me and always has been.
They say ( Mother Nature/ The Universe) puts certain people in our lives for a teachable reason 😱 …… when and if he and you rub off on each other, you could make not one damn good 👍 person 😜 but two. Now in my case, Mother Nature is just tormenting me with my sister in-law 😂

Latest posts

Back