What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were some items I couldn't seem to locate on the shelves in Walmart so I did a curbside order. Picked them up and then was planning to pick up my brother's insulin but the pharmacy no longer opens on Sundays. They drastically cut back their hours so it is much harder for people to get their RXs. Cooked for Mom and then drove my brother to work. Grabbed a burger and fries on the way home and fed the cows. Cooked for Mom again.

Am currently waiting to go pick my brother up from work.

Went to Rockler yesterday and they were having a wood carving class going on. I stopped, stared and thought of you guys for a moment before I continued on my way. I picked up some black and brown CA adhesive and some other crap that I wanted but don’t really need😁

I picked up a 40 tooth 6 1/2” blade from Lowes for my Dewalt 20v saw. Put an 8 AH battery on that thing and it cuts Corian like butter. It also flings dust everywhere😳. Put that same 8 AH battery on my blower and I can blow the whole shop out. lol.

Then I came home and rolled the old man down to the dining room for lunch. I’m people watching, cus what else do you do in an old folks home, and I saw this lady eating her salad and all I could think of is what my goats looked like when they were eating some Timothy grass. Now I wonder what they must think of me cus I know they’re watching right back. Only difference between us is which one of us ate some gummies. Maybe they have better stories to tell about watching me than I do about watching them😂

Last edited:
Went to Rockler yesterday and they were having a wood carving class going on. I stopped, stared and thought of you guys for a moment before I continued on my way. I picked up some black and brown CA adhesive and some other crap that I wanted but don’t really need😁

I picked up a 40 tooth 6 1/2” blade from Lowes for my Dewalt 20v saw. Put an 8 AH battery on that thing and it cuts Corian like butter. It also flings dust everywhere😳. Put that same 8 AH battery on my blower and I can blow the whole shop out. lol.

Then I came home and rolled the old man down to the dining room for lunch. I’m people watching, cus what else do you do in an old folks home, and I saw this lady eating her salad and all I could think of is what my goats looked like when they were eating some Timothy grass. Now I wonder what they must think of me cus I know they’re watching right back. Only difference between us is which one of us ate some gummies. Maybe they have better stories to tell about watching me than I do about watching them😂
Wood carving is fun.

Went to the dentist today. Now I have more room in between my teeth for food to get stuck.😁

After that I had to rush over to the vet. We took the old man’s cat in for an exam and to have her updated on all her shots n shit but ended up having to put her down instead 😳. That cat was just fine yesterday. Well not really but at least she wasn’t dead. I cried a little and it’s not even my cat. Now I know why my buddy doesn’t ever want to go to the doctor.

CJ, I need to get my teeth fixed. I have large gaps on the left side where food is always getting stuck. I regret getting braces as a kid bc I didn't have those gaps before braces and I didn't get cavities. Getting braces wrecked the health of my teeth and gums. And my teeth are still somewhat crooked even though I wore a retainer for a decade after the braces were taken out. I do have some broken teeth that let stuff get stuck though, so that is a problem. Glad yours are fixed.

So sorry to hear about the old man's cat. Poor kitty. At least she's not suffering now. It's always hard to lose a pet and to see someone lose one.

I can't remember if it was yesterday or the day before but I went for a walk since the weather was nice enough. Dogs were ecstatic. Had to get up really early on Tuesday to take my brother to pick up his new glasses and then take him to the DMV so he could renew his license. No problems passing the eye exam this time and he said that he's now able to see people's faces. He hadn't seen the faces of his newer co-workers that joined after his old glasses broke. Another friend of ours used to work at an eye clinic and was asking about his RX and he said "My RX said 'This mofo blind!" He's legally blind in his left eye without the glasses.

So I no longer have to drive him. Landline has been fixed. They had a full crew of people out yesterday trying to find what was wrong because no one in our area had service. Did a samsclub pickup yesterday and brought my brother along for company. Stopped to eat at the Chinese place. Bro played music on his phone the whole way home. I *hate* radio in vehicles and will not turn it on.

Mom was disappointed that she gained back all the weight she lost in the hospital. She has been eating carbs and ice cream and not exercising though. I got in touch with the Advanced Diabetic Supplies place and explained that I'm her caregiver so I handle the stuff for her and they understood. Lady on the phone was really sweet and said they couldn't get the insulin pump that was requested because its been discontinued but there's a better one on the market and I said that would be fine. Also asked about the CGM and they had to open up a new case for that and requested info from the doctors to get everything approved.

Got a walmart curbside pickup for stuff I couldn't seem to find when I looked for it in the store. Will have to take out trash as I'm on my way out the door. Still need to haul more stuff out to the burn pile. Still got a bit of the sinus infection but it seems to be clearing up better now. Need to change hvac filters (should do that before I take out the trash).

Also need to find a good printer that is not too expensive that doesn't have ink dry up and doesn't have all sorts of hoops to jump through to use so we can print tax forms to mail in. It never lets us submit electronically for state bc Louisiana sucks. Mom may end up needing to go to one of the tax preparing people because she's having trouble focusing and thinking clearly enough to do the taxes herself. She did have minor brain damage from the diabetic ketoacidosis.

As an aside, saw this and it was very cool. I've heard of Pythagorean's Theorem but never Pythagorean's Syphon before.

Wouldn’t say my teeth are fixed, just clean(ed). I got a summer tooth (summer there, some aren’t😂) that needs something to fill the gap. I don’t have insurance so I’m lookin at $5k for the implant and another 5k for the tooth. Nope, not payin 10k for one tooth. So now I’m lookin at 4K for a bridge… or I could go to Mexico. I’m so close to Mexico right now that that’s a valid option. It’s generally half of what you would expect to pay here in the USA.

carry.jpg

More stairs for me.
Started on em yesterday, but since I couldn't completely finish the upper run I left them like this for safety reasons. The fella has balance issues and I didn't want him having to negotiate a change 1/2 way up from completed stairs to bare wood.
As I got in a hurry packing up tools and vacuuming, I forgot to take photos of the stairway completed. (Wanted to get a check in the bank and had a half hour drive)
I patterned and cut out the stair pieces, then sent them out for binding a few weeks ago and i finally found time to install them. Turned out super nice.

Attachments

• IMG_20240202_141337951.jpg
    IMG_20240202_141337951.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240222_162341685.jpg
    IMG_20240222_162341685.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240222_162410915.jpg
    IMG_20240222_162410915.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240202_140523010_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240202_140523010_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240222_162541787_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240222_162541787_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
More stairs for me.
Started on em yesterday, but since I couldn't completely finish the upper run I left them like this for safety reasons. The fella has balance issues and I didn't want him having to negotiate a change 1/2 way up from completed stairs to bare wood.
As I got in a hurry packing up tools and vacuuming, I forgot to take photos of the stairway completed. (Wanted to get a check in the bank and had a half hour drive)
I patterned and cut out the stair pieces, then sent them out for binding a few weeks ago and i finally found time to install them. Turned out super nice.
Very nice you get an A

At first glance the yellow knife looked like a banana peal and I thought you were making a joke 😜 Nice work, what material is that covering the carpet ?
It's a HF carpet knife. Exact duplicate of my old red one. I don't recall the brand.
The HF knife has two tiny sooner magnets that keep the spare blades from rattling around.
Nothing covers the carpet. Pics are display out of order.
Those are just patterns made from poster board. I cut the carpet out exact like you'd do with vinyl. I added 1 1/2" to the length of the riser, then sent them out to be bound. The guy does really nice work. As a side note, his name is Randy. The delivery guy makes runs 3 times a week to the valley area picking up and delivering stuff to suppliers and shops.
His name is Randy also.
...just saying, if it wasn't for Randy's, this job couldn't have been done. 😁

I used synthetic felt pad. I do that on most stairs. I hate rebond on stairs. Rebond makes them too soft and it increases the chances of wrinkles years later.

Latest posts

Back