what type of installtion is best for waterproof vinyls on wood subfloor?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoebePaula

Hello,

We have done alotof research and it just gets more confusing. We have settled on Luxury vinyls as our choice but what type of installation method would give best waterproofing? We have heard that glued down method is the best bc it is tightly sealed and the glue adhesive would prevent water from seeping through the joints. But we have also heard that click vinyls would be better bc if water seeps through the joints, at least it would stay in the wood in between the clicks. Then we saw loose lay which would be a tight fit and appears to be comparable to the glue system (but less complicated than glue system). We will have it professionally installed. We want it to be waterproof bc sometimes we rent our homes out for a couple of years and we want protection from pets' urine. Knowing our goals, what is the best type of vunyl installation? We would narrow down and choose our choices base on installation method.

I replaced 3 vinyls for my friend who rents his place in myrtle beach. I finnaly talked him into Ceramic .

for a rental i would go with a glue down vinyl plank due to the ease of replacing any damaged tiles ---if water seepage is a concern----a couple of coats of wax will address that---of course nick is right that ceramic---done correctly is a forever kind of thing-----done incorrectly it is a nightmare

Latest posts

Back