Windows 10 - upgrade changes

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyK

http://www.extremetech.com/computin...pgrade-policy-for-windows-10-following-outcry

Seems Microsoft received the message that the method of upgrading folks without their authorization is just not cutting it.

"According to the BBC, Microsoft will modify its policies as follows:

We’ve added another notification that confirms the time of the scheduled upgrade and provides the customer an additional opportunity for cancelling or rescheduling the upgrade.

If the customer wishes to continue with their upgrade at the designated time, they can click ‘OK’ or close the notifications with no further action needed."

I have a small laptop for travel that has 8.1. I tried W10 and did not like it, so I went back. I get a popup on it that covers the screen every few minutes from Microsoft trying to get me to go back to 10.

I don't know how to turn that pop up off, but Nick may have a clever fix. He sure seems to know computers.

I don't know how to turn that pop up off, but Nick may have a clever fix. He sure seems to know computers.

Get Windows 10 and then it will stop :D
I have Windows 10 on three puters but still putting it off on my main puter I use as Microsoft want you to use one of their email address's
I want to keep my ihug.co.nz email and not use their Outlook.co.nz, gmail etc
My ISP spent an hour on the phone trying to get my ihug into the puter
Its very hard to find your POP, SMPT numbers to change to get my ihug into the puter
I have forgotten but will try one day when in the correct frame of mind
Cant hassle the new Smart phone and puters at the same time :)

I have a small laptop for travel that has 8.1. I tried W10 and did not like it, so I went back. I get a popup on it that covers the screen every few minutes from Microsoft trying to get me to go back to 10.

Method 1: Rename SoftwareDistribution folder.

Step 1: Stop BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services.

Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard.

Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.

Type the following commands at a command prompt. Press ENTER key after each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

Step 2: Rename SoftwareDistribution folder.

Press Windows key + X key on the keyboard.

Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

Type net stop wuauserv and press Enter.

Type rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old and press enter

Type net start wuauserv and press Enter.

Type exit and press Enter

Step 3: Start BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services

Type the following commands in the Command Prompt.

Press the ENTER key each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

3. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close d. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps

Get Windows 10 and then it will stop :D
I have Windows 10 on three puters but still putting it off on my main puter I use as Microsoft want you to use one of their email address's
I want to keep my ihug.co.nz email and not use their Outlook.co.nz, gmail etc
My ISP spent an hour on the phone trying to get my ihug into the puter
Its very hard to find your POP, SMPT numbers to change to get my ihug into the puter
I have forgotten but will try one day when in the correct frame of mind
Cant hassle the new Smart phone and puters at the same time :)

Is the OS Win 10 Jon ?

Operating System [win 8, 10].

Still Windows 8 on this puter Nick
I will change one day
Shirley still tossing up when and if to change on her Window 8 and Surface 8 puters
Its just getting the ihug. co.nz email account going thats the hassle
Can't remember how I did it on another 8 puter when I changed that one to Windows 10 but I did stick Windows Outlook onto it which gives me that ihug account

Latest posts

Back