6" x 24"

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Not a big fan of the skinny long plank like tiles. To much curl on them. And if you go 30% stagger lippage is reduced more than going 50% stagger.

tile 006.JPG

tile 007.JPG

Last edited:
It's a pretty true color. I just finished grouting them. The lady wanted a full tile starting at the tub and right wall so it has a small cut by the T-cap. Oh well watcha gonna do?

Cash the check . :D

Done! I did show her the small cut so....

Gotta do the tub surround and then the master bath is a full demo with step down shower. :( I hate showers. Everyone always cries about paying 20 Ducats a ft.

Seems like everyone expects us to work for free today .
I swear , we are the most disrespected trade in the business. :mad:

Ernesto said:
Not a big fan of the skinny long plank like tiles. To much curl on them. And if you go 30% stagger lippage is reduced more than going 50% stagger.

Did you consider a random layout?

No, because the lowest part of the tile when it curls like that is the center. The highest part is the end. Thats why you want to stay 30%.

I don't really like the look of them either, I have used some of the newer plank flooring in the past few months and it just aint growing on me, but i'm like the work, each job customers where tired of there hardwood floors scratchin up from furniture or pets, so alternative it tile that looks like hardwoods. Here was 2 different floors i did, the light tile was about 750 sf job and the darker hardwood look was a 400 sf living room.

IMG_20121025_133649.jpg

IMG_20121023_142412.jpg

I apologize picture quality isn't the greatest taking with my smart phone. Also any tile that is rectangular that is 18" or longer in length most of the Manufacture today recommend you lay on a 1/3 offset. For warranty purposes i follow this rule of thumb for all the plank flooring. In some cases when floors are that bad you still will have lipage, there is only so much we can do as tile setters to get a floor flat and now create a step up into the room lol.

Last edited:
Yea tell me about it if we have issues with humps and rolls we recommend out customers to let us put shoe mold down also to contour to the floor to hide some of the unlevelness.

Latest posts

Back